EXL Service - AVP - Data Engineering (8-15 yrs)
AVP Data Engineering
Shift Timing: 1:00 PM IST to 11:00 PM IST
- EXL (NASDAQ:EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that helps businesses enhance growth and profitability in the face of relentless competition and continuous disruption. Using our proprietary, award-winning Business EXLerator Framework- , which integrates analytics, automation, benchmarking, BPO, consulting, industry best practices and technology platforms, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance.
- EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 24,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), Latin America, Australia and South Africa.
- EXL Analytics provides data-driven, action-oriented solutions to business problems through statistical data mining, cutting edge analytics techniques and a consultative approach. Leveraging proprietary methodology and best-of-breed technology, EXL Analytics takes an industry-specific approach to transform our clients' decision making and embed analytics more deeply into their business processes.
- Our global footprint of nearly 2,000 data scientists and analysts assist client organizations with complex risk minimization methods, advanced marketing, pricing and CRM strategies, internal cost analysis, and cost and resource optimization within the organization. EXL Analytics serves the insurance, healthcare, banking, capital markets, utilities, retail and e-commerce, travel, transportation and logistics industries.
- Collaborate across teams on the design and maintenance of our Operations data mart (ETL, data modeling, metric design, reporting) to assure a stable reporting infrastructure
- Take on research projects to improve data processing and any implemented machine learning frameworks used by our team
- Be exemplary in promoting Data Engineering best practices within the team
- Introduce new skills and knowledge into the team adding to the already dynamic environment our Data Engineering team has created
- Develop team members to share knowledge, best practices and elicitation of documentation of system requirements
- Understand business and technical requirements and constraints to design effective software solutions
- Create conceptual architectures and detailed designs for software solutions
- Use different data warehousing concepts to build a data warehouse for reporting purpose.
- Build data pipelines to ingest and transform the data into our Data platform
- Apply best approaches for large scale data movement, capture data changes and apply incremental data load strategies
- Develop, implement and tune large-scale distributed systems and pipelines that process large volume of data
- Assist Data Science / Modeling teams in setting up data pipelines & monitoring daily jobs.
- Develop and test ETL components to high standards of data quality and act as hands-on development lead.
- Oversee and contribute to the creation and maintenance of relevant data artifacts (data lineages, source to target mappings, high level designs, interface agreements, etc.).
- Ensuring that developer responsibilities are being met by mentoring, reviewing code and test plans, verifying that design best practices as well as coding and architectural guidelines, standards, and frameworks are adhered to by offering guidance, communicating risk, and addressing roadblocks as they arise.
- 8+ years of experience in data engineering role in an analytics environment
- Comfortable coding in Python/Java and Advances SQL
- 5+ years of experience big data engineering
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (Computer Science degree preferred not mandatory); Master's degree is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) like Oracle, Teradata, SQL server etc. (Knowledge of BigQuery would be a plus)
- Expertise in building data pipelines in Big data platforms; Good understanding of Data warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of Shell scripting, SQL, Python & some of the standard data science packages (Pandas, Numpy, etc.).
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms (GCP exposure would be a plus)
- Strong verbal and business communication skills.
- Strong business acumen & demonstrated aptitude for analytics that incite action.
What we offer:
- EXL Analytics offers an exciting, fast paced and innovative environment, which brings together a group of sharp and entrepreneurial professionals who are eager to influence business decisions. From your very first day, you get an opportunity to work closely with highly experienced, world class analytics consultants.
- You can expect to learn many aspects of businesses that our clients engage in. You will also learn effective teamwork and time-management skills - key aspects for personal and professional growth
- Analytics requires different skill sets at different levels within the organization. At EXL Analytics, we invest heavily in training you in all aspects of analytics as well as in leading analytical tools and techniques.
- We provide guidance/ coaching to every employee through our mentoring program wherein every junior level employee is assigned a senior level professional as advisors.
- Sky is the limit for our team members. The unique experiences gathered at EXL Analytics sets the stage for further growth and development in our company and beyond.