Recruitment at Black Turtle
Views:3987 Applications:208 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:97
Executive Director - Operational Risk & Governance - Investment Bank (15-20 yrs)
At least 5 year-experiences gained from a senior role in risks management, control function, preferably with relevant exposure in operations, vendor management (BPO, managed services), auditing.
- Hands on experience on digital tools and data analytic tools is strongly preferred.
- Good communication skills
- Good business knowledge, having worked directly in the Front/ Middle or Back office, vendor management, outsourcing etc. is a preference.
- Strong analytical skills & synthesis ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and have experiences in operating & connecting in a global lead organization.
- Lead and implement the control governance framework to support the 1st line of defense in defining and articulating their risks.
- Support to implement and maintain the control standards
- Aggregation of risk assessment to allow the senior management to have a holistic view at functional and entity level.
- Challenge the risk owners around their Inherent Risks and operating effectiveness of remediating controls
- Develop and refine the risk framework on vendor management, outsourcing, and governance over implementation of digital solutions including Bots, AI etc
- Improve risks culture through standards, examples, communications and training of staff in Operations
- Perform QA, key control testing and read across to review key risks and mitigation to provide independent assurance to senior management.
- Represent ops in different risk forum
- Build and maintain on going dialogue with key stakeholders such as IA, ORM to understand and align on existing and emerging risks
- Access possibilities of new technology tools to streamline and improve risk and control monitoring and reporting.
- Demonstrates a sound and board understanding of risks in the financial market
- Ability to collaborate teams in different locations to drive the control agenda
- Ability to engage and influence key stakeholders to push for the right control agenda for Operations and enhance the overall control environment
- Ability to prioritize and allocate resources to focus the top risk agenda for operations
- A constant learner : Given it is not a BAU role, the individual will require constant learning and versatility to adopt as the global environment and risks emerge