Talent Acquisition at Third Sector Partners
Views:2219 Applications:189 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Executive Director - NGO (20-30 yrs)
Organization: CLIENT OF THIRD SECTOR PARTNERS - INTERNATIONAL NGO
Job Title: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Reports to: GOVERNING BOARD, INDIA
Location: NEW DELHI
It is a nationally registered not for profit organisation striving to advance children's rights and equality for girls, thus creating a lasting impact in the lives of vulnerable and excluded children and their communities.
Since 1979, the organization and its partners have improved the lives of millions of children and young people by enabling them access to protection, quality education and healthcare services, a healthy environment, livelihood opportunities and participation in decisions which affect their lives.
Achieving gender equality is a core objective for the India entity under its Country Strategic Plan (CSP) IV 2016-2020, as is India entity's CSP IV goal: - As the leading child rights organization, we strive to advance children's rights and equality for girls, thus creating lasting impact in the lives of the vulnerable and excluded children and their communities- .
Through various programmes and advocacy initiatives, the goal is to reach one million girls and young women through interventions in marginalized/excluded communities and reach ten million girls and young women through influencing government policy and practice.
It is a member of its International Federation, an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children's rights and equality for girls. The International Federation is active in more than 70 countries.
Reason for Hire:
- This is a replacement hire as the current incumbent is transitioning into a Regional role. This position will report to the Governing Board of India and will have the ownership to ensure compliances and reporting on all governance, fiduciary, programmatic and financial matters, in alignment with the International Federation's policies and guidelines as well as statutory requirements in the country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The role of Executive Director (ED) for India is influential and strategic, given the strong positioning of the programmes on ground, and influencing work not just within India but also globally in the Federation and other relevant platforms. The India entity has been instrumental in building powerful partnerships for children, especially girls, and this position helps steer these in a way to transform their lives.
- As a leader, the ED will drive complex high performing teams, to formulate and deliver on the Country Strategy Plan, its programs, influencing and advocacy work, and lead entrepreneurial approach towards emerging opportunities, thereby championing change, creating a movement for girls and ensuring development of the most marginalized children and communities.
- The position will provide leadership to a high performing team and significantly contribute in enhancing the entity's India profile and build thought leadership through high quality programs, their advocacy and influencing.
- The position will spearhead the relationships with government both at national and state level, bilateral and multilateral funding agencies, corporates, institutions, International headquarters, regional / national offices and others, to ensure raising of resources, as per agreed budgets and enable smooth running of our programs and India operations.
- The position will steer representation of the India entity, both nationally and internationally, on various forums and networks to diverse audience groups to raise awareness about our cause, influence and advocate for change, and drive participation of other actors in achieving it.
- The ED will play an instrumental role in ensuring that India entity's work is showcased at the relevant platforms and its position is strengthened as a thought leader, on the themes that it works with (such as Education, Health, HIV, Nutrition, Child protection, and community participation, Livelihoods, WASH and Emergencies), through evidence built upon relevant research, monitoring and evaluations and data from programs at the grassroots.
- The position will drive transformational change, ensuring the successful completion of Country Strategy Plan IV by 2020 and the development of new Country Strategy Plan V (2021-2025), in sync with the global strategy and child rights needs assessments for India.
- The position will also ensure that the India entity has optimal human resources with the talent and capability to achieve the strategic objectives and are supported by competitive organizational policies and procedures.
- With a demonstrable commitment to girl's rights, the ED will lead by example in the organization's thrust on gender transformative programming and ensuring gender equality is evident in everything they do, while working with the teams to build a culture that champions the cause for girls and gender equality.
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not meant to be an exhaustive list of tasks. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Is known to be high on integrity, ability to maintain confidentiality and a flexible personal style, with a strong empathy for people.
- Is known for deep understanding of child rights, for championing the cause of gender and knowledge of the concepts of sustainable community development and of participatory approaches and practice in development interventions, which are essential for this role.
- Is a Leader with gravitas, diplomacy, along with strong interpersonal and people management skills. Is adept at developing and mentoring people.
- Has strong networking skills; is proficient at building and managing relationships with different stakeholders and advocating for the cause of children.
- Has a vision, and communicates with genuine passion - creating a strong sense of purpose and collaboration for all those around her/him.
- Brings a sense of determination and clear, logical thinking to India entity's work - with the aim of expanding both our reach and our impact, and making change work for millions of children, particularly girls.
- Is aware and sensitive to diverse environmental factors in which development sector operates, within India and globally, and can steer the organisation in the right direction.
- It would be desirable that the individual be a Post Graduate or equivalent in Development studies or related fields, with emphasis on managing and leading a mid to large Non-profit organisation and its programmes for at least 8 years.
- Overall experience should be over 20+ years preferably in the development sector.
Contact us at Tel: +91 11 43493333.