HR at Haachi Business Solutions
Views:4198 Applications:208 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:107
Equity Research Analyst - Metals & Mining Sector - Financial Services (5-10 yrs)
Our clients are a leader in the financial services sector. Founded in 1995 with a clear goal of offering sound, research-backed financial advice, they have successfully served a wide variety of highly distinguished clientele around the world; including foreign institutional investors (FIIs), domestic mutual funds, hedge funds, banks, insurance companies, private equity firms, corporate houses and SMEs.
Their aim is to add value to their investors, who are seeking opportunities in the Indian capital market. And to achieve this target, their equity research, sales & sales trading, and corporate access teams work in sync for the best possible results.
Role Description: Lead Analyst
Sector : Metals and Mining
Reporting:Head of Research
Our client Research is seeking a Lead Equity Research Analyst for the Metals & Mining sector.
The Lead Analyst will be responsible for:
- Creating, updating and maintaining company models, company valuation, and industry databases
- Preparing industry/company reports and preparing written material including insightful industry pieces on a regular basis
- Performing regular tasks promptly and providing regular reports to the analyst including analysis of periodically released industry statistics, sector news, etc
- Handling ad hoc client requests, often to deadlines
- Interacting with company managements and providing market information to institutional clients.
The position demands natural intellectual curiosity and is a demanding role that typically requires long hours, strong communication skills, the flexibility to handle multiple research assignments simultaneously, a passion for in-depth analysis and stock picking, generating creative research ideas and the ability to write clear and concise research notes. The ideal candidate will also need to be able to prioritize and work well under pressure, as daily news flow and unplanned projects arise frequently. Ability to work well with other team members based in the New York office is also essential.
The ideal candidate will have at least a CA/MBA with 5 to 10 years of work experience in financial analysis, accounting, investment research, valuation, money management, consulting, or investment banking.
- The successful candidate for this position must have excellent writing, mathematical, spreadsheet and computer skills; further, the candidate should be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- The candidate should be a - self-starter"; who can work both independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- The ability to quickly pick up new systems and data programs is essential.
- A working knowledge of accounting and experience in building financial models is needed.
- Work experience and knowledge relevant to the metals & mining industry is a needed