Manager - Talent Acquisition at Epsilon
Views:208 Applications:68 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Epsilon - Director - Software Product Engineering (16-20 yrs)
A bit about Epsilon :
Positioned at Publicis Groupe's core, Epsilon is a leader in interaction management, empowering brands to transform ordinary customer experiences into meaningful, human experiences. Our connected suite of products and services combine leading-edge identity management, industrial strength data and technology expertise with big brand acumen gained over five decades working with the industry's top brands. Our human-powered, data-led marketing delivers unmatched depth, breadth and scale to help brands turn meaningful human interactions into exceptional business outcomes. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @ EpsilonMktg.
Why CJ Affiliate?
CJ Affiliate is the leader in Affiliate Marketing. A division of Publicis Groupe. We take pride in our innovative technology, comprehensive data solutions and our people. We equip our teams with advanced tools, training and career development opportunities all to provide cutting edge solutions, strategies and support to deliver high quality results for our clients. We work in an energetic, results-oriented, collaborative, team environment that recognizes exceptional performance. As we evolve and grow as a business, so do you.
Do you want to work in a fun, smart, and energetic environment where you will be challenged, rewarded AND inspired? Come work with top performers at CJ Affiliate to make a real difference in how top brands run their businesses. We are the world's leading affiliate marketing network- we transform digital marketing with the help of big data and business intelligence. We help advertisers drive more sales and expand their reach- and we want to hear from you!
A bit about who we are looking for
At Epsilon/CJ Affiliate, we run on our people's ideas. It's how we solve problems and exceed expectations. Our team is now growing and we are on the lookout for talented individuals who always raise the bar by constantly challenging themselves
What you'll do :
As a Software Engineering Director at CJ, you'll have the benefit of working in a supportive, highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment. A culture of passion, respect, technical excellence, ownership and accountability of working with fully self-contained, cross-functional engineering teams gives you the ability to grow, make an impact, and get things done. It is innovation, done sustainably and intelligently, at scale.The Software Engineering Director reports directly to the Head of Engineering, and works closely with him to align day-to-day project execution with our strategic technical direction.
The Software Engineering Director is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of our engineering Squads as they maintain and enhance the CJ system.
This includes :
Project Planning :
- Ensures that agility & risk are properly considered in project plans
- Ensures that project planning tools & methodology are working effectively
Project Execution :
- Ensures that issues that affect execution are dealt with quickly
- Serves as the point of escalation for Product Managers & Product Directors
- Ensures that needed measurement/monitoring systems are in place as needed
Talent Development :
- Mentoring of Squad Leads
- Ensuring that talent is developed, career paths are clear
- Overseeing hiring process & decisions
- Building of new squads
Quality & Operations Oversight :
- Ensures that day-to-day coding quality is maintained
- Ensures that operational alerts, backups, & processes are handled
- 40%: Working with Squad Leads, Product Managers, Chapters and Squads on execution oversight
- 30%: Recruiting & general talent development
- 30%: Working with the Head of Engineering, Product Management department, President, and other senior CJ leadership
What you'll need :
Years of Experience :
- 15+ years in leading engineering teams in an enterprise software product organization with experience in designing and developing enterprise.
- Superb technical knowledge with an engineering or technical background. Experience engaging in and leading architecture and large scale software development.
- Experience leading engineering teams of 30+ team members within a matrix organization structure.
- Strong track record and experience of delivery of major as well as sustaining of complex systems software development at a high-tech, geographically distributed, product delivery/ engineering organization.
- Experience with founding or developing start-ups and enjoys aspects of entrepreneurship thereby displaying innovative strategic thinking
- Engineering or related undergraduate degree preferred. An advanced degree in engineering is desirable, but not required.
CRITICAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES :
- Explains specifically how changes in competitors, clients, and market segments affect own business or institution.
- Translates broad corporate strategies into clear, specific objectives and plans for units and individuals.
- Thinks 2-3 years ahead.
- Acts to surpass goals, seizing opportunities to push the envelope.
- Sets continually higher goals that are ambitious but realistic for self and team, geared to organizational objectives.
- Focuses on new business opportunities that enable business development targets to be exceeded.
- Negotiates with a genuine give-and-take approach, where both act as true peers and decisions are shared.
- Spends time identifying all stakeholders necessary and meets or connects with all of them, neglecting no one to shape a collective consensus.
- Identifies opportunities to build relationships that will help others achieve their objectives and reaches out to those people or new people.
- Be a dynamic, engaging, self-reliant senior executive, accustomed to managing with a collaborative, fact-based approach, articulate communication and interpersonal warmth.
- Be self-confident, but with his/her ego well in check. Be open to continuous learning and committed to on-going self-improvement.
- Be an extraordinarily intelligent, rigorous thinker who can operate successfully among very bright and charismatic people.
- Be equally comfortable and capable interacting with technologists as they are with business executives.