Founder at Colosseum Consulting
Views:1152 Applications:91 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:30
Entrepreneur In Residence - Consumer Retail (1-4 yrs)
- Are you an individual who has been looking for an entrepreneurial opportunity and believe you have the potential to create and run an organization yourselves
- Are you looking for a challenge that gives you the freedom of running your own business unit- If yes, this could be your chance and the change you might be looking for.
- We are looking to hire entrepreneur-in-residence (EIR) to develop one or more internal new business units and to take one such opportunity to market as a viable and growing independent company. The company is fastest growing D2C brand in its category and looking to expand both vertically & horizontally.
- The EIR will be an integral part of the team, acting with significant levels of autonomy and responsibility.
- Candidates for this position should be excited and informed about relevant technologies and industries, have relevant business skills or a demonstrated ability to work productively with ideators, be driven to identify and solve problems, and have an innate compulsion to build useful things and companies (and some understanding of the processes and challenges involved in doing so).
- The EIR will act as the overall business champion for one or more business concepts, leading & helping develop and expand the market case, completing the business model, and guiding operations and implementation.
- The EIR will have access to the company personnel, resources, and infrastructure. However, this is a hands-on role that requires individual accountability and effective operation across a spectrum of subject matter, timeframes, and complexity.
Specific Responsibilities :
The EIR, with support from the organization leadership team(s),
- Develop and hone business concept(s) to target compelling, actionable long-term market opportunities.
- Draft product/business roadmap and plans, feasibility studies, determine product specifications, etc.
- Identify, validate and deliver product to a viable market segment; supervise market research, and market trials.
- Create and implement GTM plan and business development plan with the help of leadership team.
- Determine business and revenue model and supervise creation of pro forma financial model.
- Manage project/company-level budgets and capitalization.
- Manage project company-level operations.
- Report on product and project development activities and progress.
- Assist in recruiting.
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity, and fulfillment of commitments.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent academic credentials. ( Tier 1 B School or Tier 1 Engg Degree Mandatory )
- Operating experience at a high-performing, high-growth business startup or Top 4 management consulting firm or i-banks.
- Leadership ability, evidenced by technology- or business-related leadership role at a start-up company or other fast-growing organization.
- Ability to create and effectively communicate business visions and strategies, written business plans, and presentation materials.
- Product and program management experience.
- Budget and profit-and-loss responsibility desirable.
- Proven ability to take on extensive responsibility and excel in a small team environment.
- Strong work ethic and self-starter a must.