Client Manager at ABC Consultants
Views:107 Applications:18 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Engineering Manager/Senior Engineering Manager - Internet/Online (9-13 yrs)
A successful candidate will have a strong software engineering background with an established track record of building and delivering large-scale consumer facing applications while working in a fast pace Agile/Scrum environment. Additionally, the candidate will demonstrate: strong ability to innovate, passion for building consumer facing applications, excellent operational focus, strong technical judgment, excellent communication skills, passion for building and developing a team of engineers and a strong self-driven focus to deliver results in a fast paced environment.
- Lead a talented team of engineers to build and deliver individual consumer facing applications of highly scalable backend services.
- Partner with business product owners as well as senior engineering leaders and engineers to create a vision and roadmap for the team.
- Be a hands-on leader managing projects and day to day activities of the team in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Defining performance and availability metrics to measure and meet high operational standards for the services.
- Hiring, mentoring and developing engineers and leaders in the organization.
- Strong technical credentials with 9+ years of software development experience with modern OOP technologies such as Java, Node.js, open source technologies like Cassandra, Kafka, Elastic search, REST services etc.
- Experience managing a software development team.
- Proven track record building and delivering high performance and scalable services in a customer facing enterprise system developed in a fast-pace Agile/Scrum environment.
- Computer Science fundamentals - data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis.
- BS/MS in Computer Science.
- Experience in hiring, coaching, mentoring and developing engineers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.