Director at Nastech Consulting
Views:1846 Applications:67 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Engineering Manager - IT (14-22 yrs)
Essential Job Requirements:
- Own the timely and quality delivery of work done by the development team resources.
- Define and manage development processes and tools for highly efficient delivery teams.
- Manage development team resource load charts and their future allocations across multiple projects and products.
- Predict and hire suitable resources for upcoming and future needs based on product roadmap and new feature details published by Product Owners.
- Manage project estimations and planning with his/her technical leads and project managers.
- Oversee the progress and processes followed by multiple Agile scrum teams across multiple projects and products, and intervene as necessary.
- Build, manage and drive the technology roadmap for the products.
- Build or hire leaders & owners within his/her team to handle multiple projects and products.
- Use your knowledge of design principles and frameworks to perform and manage all aspects of projects throughout the SDLC including release estimation, sprint planning, requirements gathering, architecting, developing, testing, issue/risk management, change control and product delivery
- Lead the development across a variety of technologies including:
- Cloud solutions in AWS
- Oracle database Business Intelligence tools like Cognos, Busines Objects, OBIEE, Spotfire
- Mentor team by providing career development goals, deliver semi-annual reviews, and advocating for their career advancement Support company growth by building and maintaining a strong professional network as well as contributing to the recruitment of new employees
- Actively represent our culture by leading and participating in efforts around continuous learning and team building
- Represent internal development team to company's top management and customers as needed
- Manage the DevOps team for hosting and development environments
- Plan and manage the setup, costs, resourcing and maintenance of all environments
- Own and manage planning and communication with the consulting team, sales and management for delivery of releases, hot fixes and service packs Create, own and manage budget for the engineering department
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field from a top college in India or abroad (e.g. Top 20 colleges in India). A degree in management will be an added advantage.
- Overall 15-20 years of total experience with minimum of 5 years of experience of managing software development teams.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to market
- Strong team management and delivery management capabilities
- Efficient in handling multiple development projects and teams with competing priorities
- Strong focus on quality delivery and SDLC compliance
- Excellent technical background in software product development
- Effectively represent the company's Engineering department and technical solutions in front of customers
- Prior experience with Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
- Experience with managing the development of SaaS and cloud based applications
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues
- Solid understanding of and experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Confluence, GitHub etc.
- Microsoft Project and all Office Tools
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Experience in Pharmacovigilance domain will be an advantage
- Software Development Management experience in US companies and location will also be an advantage
Interpersonal skills :
- Self-motivated, leadership capabilities, strong organizational skills, action and results oriented
- Well organized, good communication skills, clear thinker
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions, and garner respect from other teams
- Agile ( ScrumDevelopment : PlanningTeam - Leading SkillsSdlc ProcessProduct Engineering
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.