Engineering Manager - Data Engineering (12-18 yrs)
Engineering Manager - Data Engineering
Join a leading fintech company thats democratizing finance for all.
Our client was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, they are lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture weve built and our US operations have been recognized as :
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
Were growing and looking for :
We continue to hire at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. Were seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Were in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the role :
Were thrilled to be expanding this year as we are hiring world-class engineering talent in India. Our new team in India will enable to continue creating great financial products on our journey towards democratizing finance for all. As we transform the future of finance, we invite you to help us define our place in a global conversation. Your teams focus will be owning and maintaining data pipelines and datasets related to Crypto. This team will be partnering closely with engineering teams within Crypto and all downstream consumers of the data.
Key priorities are :
- Build a core data model to house all Crypto related data
- Build pipelines to integrate all data from product logging and compute metrics
- Build aggregate datasets to easily surface key metrics and act as a source of truth
Your day-to-day will involve :
- Coach and mentor talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers
- Deliver high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning
- Apply technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering
- Improve the ease of accessing insights from data by providing structured datasets and abstractions over core data.
- Work with other engineering managers to refine and improve processes and systems for product development
- Communicate effectively with other teams to understand and deliver on data pipelines that are well maintained and are high quality
Some things we consider critical for this role :
- 12+ years of experience as a software engineer or data engineer and 3+ years as a manager
- Proven ability to coach engineers and interns on the team
- Sharp technical skills and a deep interest in coding and technical details, with a special emphasis in structure of datasets and data quality
- Ability to drive Data Engineering projects
- Effective communication skills with other engineering and non-engineering groups
- Ability to make decisions at a fast pace on an environment with a high degree of uncertainty
Bonus points :
- Experience in building on top of Flink, Spark, Presto, Hive is a plus
Tech Stack :
- Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system Wed love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Were looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.