Manager - Team & Key Accounts at HR Central
Views:76 Applications:22 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Engineering Manager - Big Data (14-18 yrs)
What you will do :
Lead a product engineering team consist of multiple pod team for delivering solutions to enterprise customers and reporting to Director engineering. Sr. Engineering manager is responsible for below critical functions in the product development lifecycle
- People/team development
- Technical mentorship & guidance
- Stakeholder engagement
- Build, support, mentor, and direct a world-class engineering team and cultivate a culture of innovation & delivery.
- Manage a team of 20+ members
- Oversee a team charged with collaborating with other engineering teams, designers, architects and stakeholders to efficiently support the product at scale.
- Participating in architecture and design discussions and reviews.
- Participating in cross-team strategy discussions within the team
- Enable the team to execute high-velocity software development, support their needs and resolve possible conflicts
- Communicate with leadership regarding progress against plans, issues, and needs.
- Work with other team leads to leverage targeted technologies, processes, standards, and methodologies.
- Conduct regular 1-on-1 meetings with each assigned team member to assist with issues and provide mentoring support.
- Participate in Performance management, Career development and training needs for team
- Develop and maintain strong networking and relationships with key members outside of own area.
- Works with users and/or product owners to help define application specifications
- Lead the team to follow organizational standard engineering best practice
- Perform system failure analysis and provide corrective actions
- Define strategy and implement process for cloud infrastructure cost optimization.
- Plan, Execute, Monitor & control project deliverables from inception to closure
- Handling tasks to team members and monitor time sheet discipline
- Ability to comprehend big picture and take a broad business perspective for decision making
- Providing work estimates, perform trade-offs between implementation, schedule and cost and resource constraints with product owners and engineering managers
- Responsible for managing the quality of deliverables for service and products ensuring the organization standards
- Responsible for delivery team's capacity & capability building, employee retention, performance management, motivation and overall growth
- Responsible for talent acquisition and effective project onboarding of new recruits
- Accountable for product quality, design for security, architectural consistency
- Ability to comprehend client requirements and map it to low level design and should be problem solver,
- Should be go to person for technical guidance and solution to technical problem.
- Should be motivated enough himself/herself if required can contribute in technical poc or challenges.
- Display effective communication skills on technical and operational areas
- Lead and influence the program strategy to gain 'buy-in' and build confidence of stakeholders
- Drive seamless coordination with DevOps practice for faster CI/CD
- Report project status, risks, issues, dependencies, along with project management COE to relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate with architecture COE and product owner for technology evaluation POCs and perform trade-offs between implementation, schedule and cost and resource constraints
- Responsible for weekly status report and monthly Ops reviews for stakeholders
How you will do it :
- Well versed with Project management methodologies and Agile development
- Ability to perform trade-offs between implementation, schedule and cost and resource constraints
- Strong people management and impactful communication skills
- Develop team capability through effective competence and performance management
- Sound understanding of technology
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Experience of working with globally distributed teams
What we look for :
Required Qualifications :
- A BS/BE or MS in Computer Science or equivalent fields
- 14+ years of engineering experience preferably hands on software application development
- 5+ years of technical leadership or managerial experience within a product based organization
- 5+ years professional software development experience owning high level system architecture design, engineering fundamentals (security, privacy, live-site support, performance, accessibility, etc.), and interactive user experiences at scale
- Proficient in Unix/Linux/Windows operating systems
- Proficient in building scalable products cloud
- Proficient in technologies for web application, web services/micro services and backend
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Cloud, Big Data and Data warehousing and knowledge on Spark.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and other cloud Platforms
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects and bringing in and growing engineering talent