Engineering Director - Electrical (16-30 yrs)
Director - Engineering - Electrical
Industry - Electricals / Switchgears
Category - Operations
Job Type - Permanent
Description - Our client is looking to hire an engineering leader to support their multiple businesses worth multibillion dollars in electrical space.
Our client is a leading Power Management MNC with its footprint across the globe. They manufacture intelligent electrical/electronic power management devices. They want India to be their apex Engineering Centre and want to move in the direction of sponsoring women leadership at apex positions in this Engineering Centre. Currently they are looking for a candidate, preferably a gender diverse candidate, to head Engineering for a Group of business units. The position can be based out of Southern India or Western India
Reporting into the Chief of Engineering and managing a huge team of 350+ people, you shall be responsible for
- Providing leadership for diverse product teams from multiple locations to meet its short and long-term goals. Creating and executing 3- 5 year capability roadmaps for the teams in line with division strategic technology and product roadmaps
- Shaping RD&E Portfolio with increased level of maturity including the NTI transition and NPI launches and defining clear plan to leverage the Lab and Prototype infrastructure to accelerate launches of key NPI/VA programs for division
- Managing complex programs (Cost, schedule and Time) for divisions key programs and Driving DFx & Agile concepts / tools for new product development &/or existing product improvements for the divisions' product portfolio to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability
- Shaping digitization technology proposals working with CoEs and product line teams
- Defining VA road map for division conducting IP landscape, tearing down events and competitor benchmarking and leading innovation events to shape ideas from the team
- Leading operations reviews with key engineering directors, accountable to manage department budget and performance to forecast
- Mentoring and coaching Leaders and technical leaders to prepare for future leadership roles
- Attracting and growing key strong-diversified engineering talent in organizational and technical ladder career path and developing high performance teams in terms of breadth and depth of capabilities in electrical , software and mechanical design as well as adjacent technology areas in product engineering.
Synergizing and leveraging engineering capabilities across groups
- Building leadership succession for the group as well as broader electrical product groups
Ideally you are full time engineer or Masters/PHD with background in either Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical/Electromechanical and atleast 15 years of design experience in an MNC engineering organization with prior experience as organizational leader for a minimum of 5 to 10 years in globally distributed teams.
You should have handled atleast a team of 100 people. You should have experience in end to end product development, launch and entire product life cycle management, preferably in the electrical or industrial automation product categories and these technologies: electronics, electro-mechanical designs, software and firmware platforms, wireless, cloud and IoT connectivity. You should have strong leadership potential and be in a succession role
Job Offer :
Great Remuneration and work culture
Leading a team of managers of managers
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Jasdeep Singh Sahani on +91 (0) 22-42363369
Contact - Jasdeep Singh - +91 (0) 22-42363369
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.