Talent Acquisition Associate at Endurance International Group
Views:154 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Endurance - Director - Engineering (15-20 yrs)
Endurance International Group (NASDAQ: EIGI) (em)Powers millions of small businesses worldwide with products and technology to vitalize their online web presence, email marketing, mobile business solutions, and more. The Endurance family of brands includes: Constant Contact, Bluehost, HostGator, iPage, Domain.com, BigRock, SiteBuilder and SinglePlatform, among others. Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, Endurance employs more than 4,000 people across the United States, Brazil, India and the Netherlands.
As our Director of Engineering, you will work closely with organization and Business leaders to conceive and commercialize scalable, web-based solutions used by our millions of customers. You will build and lead talented teams working on creating SaaS solutions, hosting products, growth & marketing solutions, and other technical innovations to help better serve our customers.
Job Location: Bangalore/Mumbai
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and drive the vision, strategy and engineering execution of the company in partnership with the VP - APAC Engineering and the Business Leaders; global innovation leadership team
- Lead the engineering teams in APAC, support both local platform development initiatives as well as enterprise-wide initiatives in the Iaas, Saas, Paas space
- Work with Architects and Engineers to build/enhance/future proof the large scale platforms to support business growth
- Lead the development direction and processes to help drive Endurance success in collaboration with the Product Teams and Business Unit Leaders
- Help teams define scope and come up with a development strategy, manpower plan, and incremental milestones.
- Imbibe and maintain a strong customer service-oriented attitude while designing and building products
- Reinforce good practices across the complete development lifecycle (coding, quality assurance, deployment, documentation)
- Build and scale a strong, world-class engineering function, by
- Driving recruitment of the very best software engineers and front line managers.
- Motivate, energize and upskill the team, and contribute to their professional growth.
- Provide technical leadership to development team members & instill and drive a delivery-focused culture while promoting a fun, hardworking and geeky workplace environment
- Over 15 years of experience in Software Engineering with at least 5+ years as an engineering leader in a software product company
- Strong technical background with experience in creating large scale, responsive, scalable, highly available and reliable technology platforms
- High technical credibility ability to audit technical decisions and push for the best solution to a problem
- Ability to deep-dive into the details of software design, implementation and debugging
- Experience with using cloud services to build scalable architectures, AWS/Google Cloud, OpenStack, OpenShift, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experienced in good engineering practices, techniques, and tools at all layers of the stack.
- Should come with a strong leadership style & proven track record of hiring high caliber talent and retention
What you need for this position:
Are you a thought-leader in SaaS or web-based technology solutions? If you work well in facile, flexible and agile environments and have demonstrable strength in partnering with product and marketing organizations in conceiving and commercializing customer solutions then this role is for you.
What's in it for you?
We offer a tremendous opportunity to work with great people and do great things. If you are the driven and adaptable person described above, possess a demonstrable history of delivering quality work, and are fun to be around, then we have a place for you!
Benefits & Perks :
Endurance employees love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive salaries in the industry. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours. We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy teams are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you.