Senior Consultant - BFSI at Mount Talent
Views:686 Applications:144 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:25
Economist - Financial Research - BFSI (2-6 yrs)
Economist - Financial Research
Our firm has earned an international reputation for successful investing based on innovation, careful risk management, and the quality and depth of our staff. We have a significant presence in the world's capital markets, investing in a wide range of companies and financial instruments in both developed and developing economies.
We are looking for resourceful candidates to join our Financial Research group based in Hyderabad. The group works closely with various front office groups to provide high-quality, in-depth support to the investment research and decision processes of the firm's global proprietary trading strategies. This role is responsible for analyzing global economic developments and other related opportunities in interest rate and FX markets; it provides the opportunity to work with the front office groups to develop models related to discretionary and systematic trading opportunities.
WHAT YOU- LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
The role's responsibilities include:
- Following, analyzing and summarizing important developments related to global economic conditions, central bank policies and financial data from different sources.
- Developing and maintaining quantitative models to forecast macroeconomic data and assess the outlook for economic conditions, global interest rates, and exchange rates.
- Aid in front office data analysis efforts by collaborating closely with the technology development teams in the firm.
- Collaborate on researching/analyzing methodology documents provided by government statistical agencies and maintaining dashboards to monitor model output and keepi track of macroeconomic as well as financial market movements.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The ideal candidate should have:
- A master's in economics (or a closely-related field) or a Ph.D. (or equivalent qualification) with two to five years of relevant experience, along with strong empirical/econometric skills.
- Knowledge of interactions between economic developments, financial databases like Bloomberg, and statistical packages like E-views.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The Firm offers excellent benefits, a casual, collegial working environment, and an attractive compensation package.