Senior Recruiter at DSM India
Views:353 Applications:85 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
DSM - Market Intelligence Expert - Procurement (10-15 yrs)
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Understands the know-how of category management [ IT, Finance, HR, Business]
- Understand trends in customers needs and concerns, across categories and regions, to influence customers priorities
- Build strong relationship with customers and ensure customer satisfaction
- Collect and analyze data through modern and traditional methods on consumers, competitors and the market place
- Devise and design qualitative and quantitative custom market research projects
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses to identify opportunities for product expansion
- Apply statistical techniques to interpret data and produce substantiated recommendations.
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text and presenting results
- Make recommendations for feasible methods for market penetration
- Proactively share and present market research reports and data analysis throughout the organization
- Research competitors and compile data for benchmarking
- Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional teams
- Advise management on new innovations in the area of market research, and create new ways to meet the needs of a changing marketplace
- Has comprehensive knowledge on industry, competitor and customer models including, but not limited to, market share, growth projections and trends, and market forces.
- Performs thorough, systematic analysis of key industry trends; the general social economic and political environment; legal and regulatory issues; customers; current and potential competitors.
- Provides market and competitive insights through presentations and reports to the stakeholders and various internal management teams to allow effective strategic and tactical decision-making and implementation.
- Supplies the market and competitive intelligence component of strategic planning, and proactively makes recommendations to management concerning key intelligence items that require further consideration.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of data sources, evaluating their credibility and potential utility, and leverages them across the company where appropriate.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key internal customers to identify emerging needs and business challenges.
- Works with internal business customers to enhance their use of strategic analysis and market and competitor intelligence. Collaborates internally to ensure intelligence is shared with appropriate groups and individuals.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of designated markets and trends through reading reports, market research, data manipulation and financial modeling and analysis.
Desired Candidate Profile :
- 10+ years experience in a Procurement organization and having worked as a Market Intelligence expert with relevant experience
- 5+ years' experience developing category strategies and pricing models
- Developing market intelligence to communicate across the organization
- Experience with creating Procurement systems and tools
- Proven ability to implement category strategies globally
- Proven ability to deep dive and develop innovative ideas for process challenges
- Broadly-skilled business professional with a high level of intelligence, business acumen and a strong penchant for innovation
- Pragmatic builder, capable of being flexible with job tasks and able to balance a broad range of activities while driving ultimate completion of deliverables
- Strong analytical skills and experience dealing with large amount of complex data
- Experience in project management, involving cross function and global teams
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence at various levels of the organization
- Experience in applying financial analysis techniques to draw conclusions from financial data; understands and evaluates implications of alternatives; makes decisions on an appropriate course of action
- Lead business reviews to discuss best practices and issues and to ultimately improve supplier performance and strengthen business partnerships