Manager - People at Drums Food International Pvt. Ltd.
Views:854 Applications:180 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:33
Drums Food - Assistant Manager - Demand & Procurement Planning (3-5 yrs)
AM- Demand & Procurement Planning
At Drums, we love food and we are always finding ways to unleash the best out of food. We started with Ice cream, where we unleashed flavours and textures with our Brand Hokey Pokey. We loved it. (We thought it was the best ice cream in the world!)
We then launched Epigamia Greek Yogurt (we call this Batman, call us to know why), where we strained Dahi to get higher protein and then infused it with real fruits to stimulate taste buds. Ever since then, we have been pushing the boundaries of what is possible and contemporising traditional Dairy. From Protein smoothies, Lactose free curd and Mishti Doi, Ghee spreads to our latest offering of plant-based yogurt made from coconut milk, we have been launching products that are tastier and better for you.
At Drums, innovation is our playground, and we make things happen. Our products are delivered through state-of the-art manufacturing processes, innovative packaging and are available across retail and institutional sales channels. Within 3 years of launch, Epigamia is present in 20000+ touchpoints across 20 cities Pan-India, in major retail chains and outlets, online e- commerce platforms and other alternate channels. And we are only just getting started.
Our Promise to everyone who joins us is very simple - "At Drums, you will never get bored, ever!" There is so much more to tell about our journey and ambition, we would love to chat. So, if the role below interest you, let us know and we are happy to get on a call.
About the Role :
You will play a key role in ensuring that our company's operations are timely, efficient, and cost-effective. This role will own, lead, and streamline our demand planning processes. In addition to the demand planning, this position will also work on Raw Material (RM) and Packaging Material (PM) procurement planning to optimise the Inventory Holding Days.
Key Responsibilities :
- To devise and manage Forecasting tools based on industry trends and demand patterns
- To manage the Integrated Business Planning calendar
- To manage and track forecasts against budgets and averages and to influence regional teams to improve their demand forecast accuracy
- To propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy
- Development of Supply Chain models
- To manage inventory in the system to ensure fulfilment and eradicate wastage
- To influence Supply Chain and Production teams to increase fulfilment to meet demand
- To support the Leadership team with risk assessments and mitigation activities
- To monitor and report important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies
- To conduct monthly forecast maintenance
- To successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to the Leadership team
- To address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner
- To plan the RM & PM procurement quantity basis the finalized forecast to optimize the working capital.
Prepare the procurement calendar
- To develop re-order level for raw materials basis the lead time and consumption rate
- To optimize Inventory Holding days
Desired candidate profile :
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a demand planning/forecasting role
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Exposure to FMCG Industry is preferred
Competencies that would make the candidate a cultural fit :
- We love to make things happen, so a 'roll up your sleeves and get it done' attitude.
- Someone who enjoys the Freedom but is also Responsible
- We need someone who is brutally honest!