Head - TA at DMI Finance
Views:329 Applications:75 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
DMI Finance - Senior Manager/AVP - Legal - LLB (7-10 yrs)
Lawyer for corporate legal, 7-10 years PQE, from similar NBFCs/Bank; to be utilized for corporate lending and other non-litigation/disputes transactions.
Legal function provides legal advice to all DMIs businesses functions, including areas such as transactional support, litigation management, commercial contract support and general legal advice, and provides dedicated business-aligned support to all divisions of the Group.
Our lawyers provide legal expertise to support our businesses/functions and DMI to deliver its goal in a variety of ways including :
- Strategic business support;
- New product development;
- Payment services and lending legal support;
- Commercial transactions;
- Intellectual property; and
- Data privacy advice.
Overall purpose of role :
The purpose of the role is to work with existing members of the DMI Legal team to provide support and expert legal advice on all aspects of DMIs business and the successful candidate will need the ability to work independently and flexibly, across a range of products and services offered by the relevant businesses and segments, in order to identify risk and to plan for change brought about by new regulation, changing markets and changing customer expectations. This will include work on new payment services regulations and open transnational matters.
Key Accountability :
- Act as a trusted advisor and deliver expert legal advice in relation to the laws and regulations governing financial services products.
- To partner with the business teams, delivering a best in class legal service that enables the business to deliver on their objectives, whilst effectively managing legal risk and ensuring good outcomes.
- To provide input to the strategy and delivery of initiatives both within the business and the Legal function.
- Proactively identifying and advising on legal and regulatory risks, escalating these as necessary to stakeholders, and assisting with recommending and implementing solutions, including in relation to the implementation of new legislation and regulatory requirements;
- Provide input to new and existing policies and procedures to ensure that any changes to processes are within the permitted legal and regulatory framework;
Person Specification :
- Acts as a trusted advisor to business and other infrastructure areas;
- Builds strong risk partnerships with colleagues in other functions;
- Adds value in commercial as well as technical discussions;
- Consistently delivers against a broad range of competing targets;
- Drives good cost control behaviour, especially around external spend;
- Contributes to the development and implementation of team objectives and strategy;
- Proactively collaborates across different teams and geographies both within and Legal to break down silos.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications :
- Qualified and enrolled lawyer, 7-10 years PQE, in a corporate legal role, from similar NBFCs or Bank
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Regulatory technical expertise in financial services
- Project management including advising and leading on implementation of new laws of regulations