Deputy Manager - Operations at Trustklub Consulting Pvt Ltd
Views:1033 Applications:269 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
District Manager - Retail Store (4-9 yrs)
District Manager - Bangalore / Hubli. One of the leading retail company in India
- To prepare the seasonal estimates of all stores in advance and to submit proposals for remodeling of existing stores.
- To find out new locations and negotiate for our expansion in order to increase business and market share.
- To constantly analyze & inform H.O. about market trends & general economic trends in respective areas & how these trends might affect our business.
- To submit proposals for temporary outlets to achieve extra business & clear stock.
- In exceptional cases to co-ordinate with chief buyer to prepare specific shoe line collection for specific store to adapt to the market properly.
Merchandising/Store Management :
- To ensure that all stores are always supplied with NOOS articles.
- To initiate actions to inter-transfer excess stocks on regular basis.
- To monitor and clear store wise aged merchandise and ensure no stock older than 12 months in shops.
- To ensure that RM80/60 & other statements are forwarded according to schedule.
- To make arrangements to clear the stock which is not in complete assortment
- To coordinate with buyers to ensure that we have adequate stock of all price range with high impact in turnover.
- To study and report competitors- actions in the district.
- To ensure that customer claims are settled logically and properly as per company policy.
- To take specific initiatives to sell slow movers in the stores.
- To ensure that physical inventory matches with POS report.
Promotion and Display :
- To ensure that Company Policy & directions on displays are followed to maintain the highest standard of continuous aggressive display & advertising in each stores.
- To ensure the display of New Arrivals and chosen for you Articles in the prime area in every store.
- To ensure that seasonal guidelines are being implemented in the respective stores.
Administration and Finance :
- To ensure that store operation expenses are as per Company Policy and Circulars issued from time to time.
- To monitor regularly and arrange settlement of Bulk sale receivable (1042 A/C), Suspense Account (1046), Money-On-Way (1016) Accounts and Goods-On-Way (1302) Account on fortnightly basis. All items in these accounts to be settled within 3 weeks from the date of origin.
- To take physical inventories of every store, agency at least once a season and to initiate appropriate action promptly in case of shortage as per Company Policy.
- To ensure deposit of sale proceeds in the bank next day. Must pending/ delayed ensure no remittance from any of the store of the District.
- To check and ensure that any Price changes as per circulars of the Company are properly implemented.
- To prepare a fortnightly traveling and working plan and to submit for approval of Retail Manager.
- To ensure that terms and conditions of the tenancy/lease agreement with the landlords of the stores are strictly adhered to and appropriate measures are taken to renew/extend the agreements.
- To ensure that company assets are maintained in good condition. All new furniture received by the store is included in the furniture statement of the store. Complete and updated furniture statement must be available at the store.
- In case of any loss due to theft, fire or burglary, necessary requirements for Insurance claims are complied with.
- To ensure full implementation of Company's instructions as specified in circulars are applied within the specified deadlines in the district.
- To ensure full compliance of the Chart of Authority of the Company issued from time to time.
- To initiate disciplinary action against recalcitrant store employees and against manager with inventory shortage above company standard in accordance with the set Rules of the Company.
- To ensure that all stores are within the approved number of personnel.
- To ensure that the store personnel are presentable, properly trained, well-groomed and provide best service to customers.
- To ensure that managers and store personnel are familiar with Company's objectives and goals and work towards their achievements.
- To develop lines of communications which will ensure a continuous flow of information with subordinates as well as management
- To ensure that Store Manager is allocating objectives to all personnel on daily/weekly basis and ensure that morning meetings are conducted in the stores.
- To participate in selection of shop employees and managers for promotion to higher type shops as and when required.
Business Plan achievement:
- Prepare, implement and achieve operational business plan and estimates for the efficient operation of your region.
- Work closely with the product development manager and the merchandise manager in the development creation and timely establishment of a shoe line.
- Suggest price policy, have up to date calculations on the shoe categories and monitor the profitability (EBIT) of stores.
Budgeting, Control and Spending :
- To arrange for necessary budget outlays available for business spending requirements.
- To initiate measures for optimization of resources to control on expenses in all business areas with a particular focus on personnel cost and productivity.
- Control expenses and see that expenditures are within approved limits, check weekly profit and loss account and take corrective actions.
Business Performance Monitoring :
- To review and monitor performance of all stores in the region on ongoing basis to exercise control, issue necessary direction, uninterrupted support and corrective actions so as to enhance the efficiency of entire regional business value chain.
- To ensure that there is an achievement of the required business growth over the previous year.
- To ensure the following is achieved - Estimated margin, Maximum six weeks sale in stocks available across chain, 60% of lines with complete assortment, stock not more than 12 months.
- Overall responsibility of maintaining stock standard at or within the approved level, while at the same time ensuring proper supply at the stores.
- Control over quality and age of merchandise and take action in regard to liquidation of seasonal merchandise or slow-moving articles.
Market Intelligence and Strategy implementation:
- Visit competitors- store and keep a tab on events occurring in market place so as to devise an appropriate strategy to excel in competition.
- Visit the stores regularly for the purpose of planning market strategy, reviewing the status of stock and supply, discussing with shop managers and shop employees and finally the product.
- Hiring of appropriate staff
- Training of people on Product, Competitive products, Consumer and Operations
- Motivation and retention of staff
- Career Planning for high potential employees within the organization
- Proactive succession planning for key roles within the Business