Headhunter at Capital H Management Consultants
Views:7178 Applications:572 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:314
Director - Warehouse - eCommerce - NITIE/IIT/IIM (5-10 yrs)
- Hiring for a rapidly scaling social ecommerce company on the lines of PDD-China backed by marque venture capital funds. The company is an incredible disruptive e-commerce startup targeting the new 500Mn users that have recently come online; the new 'WhatsApp first' India.
- These users are primarily on mobile, Social (WhatsApp, Facebook & others) is their primary usage scenario so far. They make buying extremely easy in a couple of clicks, provide deep discounts when you buy together with friends, vernacular and it's fun-filled. It is focused on non-metro and rural markets in India who haven't shopped enough online.
Extremely strong founding team with high quality academic background and over 50 years of collective experience from companies like Microsoft, Trilogy, Myntra and Metro Cash & Carry.
Position: Director - Warehouse - eCommerce
1) Operations: P&L responsibility to create and manage PAN India warehouse(s) operations for rapidly scaling social eCommerce startup with significant employee workforce managing million+ inward/storage/dispatch operations daily.
2) Cross-Functional Interaction: Candidate shall be part of operations leadership team setting up and operationalizing business operations in multiple new territories from scratch. Must have exposure to technology / product development
3) Planning: Data driven, Hands-on Inventory planning, throughput planning, storage planning, vehicle route planning, vehicle scheduling.
4) Workforce Management: Set and monitor KPIs for employees - on-role, off-role & partner workforce. Mentor key employees to develop talent pipeline for the organisation.
Education and Experience
- Education: BTech with MBA / PGDM - Operations from NITIE / Top 5 IIM or equivalent
Work Experience: 5+ years of experience in managing warehouse operations in an e-commerce/ marketplace / retail business, leading a large distributed team. Must have start-up experience, preferably hands-on experience developing at-least one 10000+ sq feet warehouse from scratch
- Strong leadership skills
- Data driven strategic thinker
- Exceptional Problem Solving
- Project management
- Process Excellence
- Financial planning, Budgeting, P&
- Ability to develop and institutionalize processes on the go
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to drive and thrive in a fast paced startup environment