Executive Search - Financial Services at ABC Consultants
Views:3545 Applications:701 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:70
Director - Venture Capital - Investment Banking (10-15 yrs)
Monitoring & Exits :
- Monitor closely the progress of the companies in the portfolio to ensure optimal performance
- Work closely with the portfolio companies to guide their business strategy and assist in key initiatives e.g. planning, recruitment, operations improvement, expansion, etc.
- Work closely with the company, to create sound exit opportunities (IPO / Trade sale / Upsell) when the stage of growth/time is right. Work along with research teams/economists/ Bankers within and outside the group to monitor global/local trends that will affect timing and type of exit for each investment
Investment Strategy & Execution :
- Be deeply involved in origination, evaluation, successful execution, and performance monitoring and profitable exit of portfolio transactions in select segments / strategies.
- Building varied financial models and structures.
- Adept at working on excel and other such tools.
- Build personal networks and work closely with strategy teams to originate and evaluate exit opportunities
- Contribute innovative ideas and/or structures that can produce value creating opportunities for the company. Evangelize such ideas and see them through to execution
- Building relationships with intermediaries (e.g. bankers & CA firms) to originate external opportunities on a limited and focused basis
Championing a deal end to end :
- Be directly involved in the evaluation and execution process including preliminary screening of opportunities, including rigorous valuation, assessment of potential risks and upsides. Third party paid diligence including commercial, financial, legal and tax advisors
- Deal structuring for maximizing long term value for the Fund while also ensuring the rights and downsides from the deal are adequately protected; negotiation with Promoters, deal documentation and execution
- Assist in championing select deals with the Fund's Investment Committee as well in select cases syndicate the same with potential co-investors / other GPs in case of Club deals.
People and Firm Developments :
- Contribute meaningfully towards creating a high quality, global standard Private Equity team and franchise
- Participate in the development of the firm, its people, culture, processes and systems
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE :
Exp -10 to 15 years
- The incumbent should have seen end to end of a deal lifecycle i.e. investing, portfolio management and exits.
- Must possess strong Industry/ Sector Knowledge. Should be able to build a story or thesis around a deal and assertively put forward his/her thoughts.
- Premier education - MBA or CA