Director - Vehicle Functional Safety (16-25 yrs)
Industry - Auto / Auto Ancillary
Category - Operations
Skills - Vehicle Safety, Functional Safety, Crash testing, Passenger Car, Bangalore, Auto, OEM
Job Description - Vehicle Functional Saftey Head for Passenger Car project
Our client is a unicorn start-up which has diversified businesses in the Automobile and Transport industries, and they are based out of Bangalore. They are now investing heavily in the Electric Vehicle business and are planning to launch a passenger vehicle soon. They are looking for a Functional Safety Director, based out of Bangalore.
Job Description :
Reporting into the CTO, you shall be responsible for :
- Driving all initiatives to ensure highest levels of safety and functionality for passengers of the vehicle are developed
- Conducting exhaustive tests for all relevant aspects during the designing and development process
- Driving all safety aspects for the occupants such as crash, stiffness, rigidity and service life analysis for the
layout and body structure
- Conducting different tests on the vehicles by using simulants (where occupant is present with load in front or side of the vehicle), testing for protection of the occupant (such as airbag, seat, seatbelt) during abuse or accident
- Driving definition of vehicle safety layout strategy according to the market regulations
- Overseeing tests for NVH profile, internal climate profile, door intrusion, roof crush, belt and seat
anchoring and crash management systems
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to manage vendors along with engineering teams
Ideally, you are an engineer (automobile or mechanical or relevant degree, Master's degree is preferred), with at least 10 years of experience in on-road safety of the vehicle occupant and conducting safety tests. You have experience in BEV or hybrid vehicles, while an advantage would be experience in root cause analysis on failures of electromechanical systems. You have excellent communication skills and have a great track record with openness to new challenges.
Start Up Culture
Contact - Varad Maheshwari - +91 (0) 22 4236 3367
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.