Director - Research & Development - Power Electronics (15-20 yrs)
Job Description :
Develop and implement PSID R&D management strategy and plans for client engineering investment in India including the management of locally based engineering resources, outsourced contractors, systems and project/programme management. Integrate engineering resources to support and contribute to globally based client PSID business unit R&D plans and new product development strategy.
- In collaboration with Divisional VP - Engineering ensure client India's PSID Business engineering resources are appropriately organized and structured to deliver PSID BU R&D objectives.
- Assist PSID BU's to identify resourcing needs to meet short and long term product development goals.
- Effectively manage hosted engineering activity including outsourcing and engineering contractors.
- Establish a network of engineering contractors in India - review and control existing contractor relationship. Integrate PSID India R&D activity with PSID BU R&D activity.
- Ensure engineering projects and activities are delivered to specification, cost effectively, accurately & on time.
- Promote Ametek and industry engineering standards relating to activities and products.
- Assist Ametek PSID BU's with make v buy decisions and specification of services, components and systems related to India suppliers and contractors.
- Create an environment that supports collaboration and enhances performance, engagement, adaptability and flexibility. Build Synergy among the PSID BU's by optimizing the resources and sharing of knowledge.
- Ensure the organisation is able to identify, attract and retain engineering talent.
- Ensure that engineering employees at all levels possess the knowledge, skills & attributes to be successful.
- Implement project management disciplines and communication/reporting processes to ensure integration with PSID BU activity and that performance expectations have been met.
- Ensure compliance with Ametek policies, procedures, rules and laws.
- Develop and maintain up to date and accurate engineering data and IT systems - Produce annual PSID R&D plan,objectives in conjunction with BU & local management and report on engineering activity on a periodic basis
Key Attributes :
- At least 15-20 years of experience in Engineering with more than 5 years at manager level
- Masters/PhD in Power Electronics discipline - appropriate professional engineering qualification.
- Strength in software and electronic engineering disciplines, experience in mechanical engineering.
- Experience in Power electronic instrumentation and device development - capital equipment.
- Ability to work in complex, highly matrixed environment, with remote R&D policy guidance and direction.
- Must be fluent English with good written and oral communication ability - confident presenter.
- Strong IT skills and data driven.
- Worked for global, multi national organisation, preferably USA owned.
- Requirement to attend meetings, conferences, site visits and inspections in India and globally.
- Work to flexible time schedule including hours of work
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.