Headhunter at ABC Consultants
Views:10615 Applications:180 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:48
Director - Quantitative Research - BFSI (10-18 yrs)
The role is spanning all aspects of credit derivatives QR coverage, from the mathematical modeling to the development of model evaluation platforms in our risk system. Candidates directly from the university will be considered.
Key responsibilities could include:
- Developing models for the pricing and risk management of credit derivatives, including investigating improvements to existing models
- Writing model documentation compliant with internal and regulatory standards
- Working with model control teams to facilitate timely and efficient review and approval of models
- Liaising with business functions as well as other quantitative research and control teams
- Explaining model behavior, carrying out scenario analyses, developing and delivering quantitative tools, and supporting analytics
The role requires the combination of very strong software development skills, a very structured mathematical approach to problem-solving, business overview, and the ability to work in a dynamic environment. Prior knowledge of quantitative modeling and risk-neutral pricing is a plus, but not an absolute requirement. Excellent oral communication skills are required in our interaction with trading, technology, and control functions. Excellent written communication skills are also required for meeting the high standards of the model documentation. A strong interest in good software design principles is a requirement as well. A Ph.D. in a numerate subject from a top academic institution is a plus, but not an absolute requirement.
- An advanced degree in math, statistics, physics, financial engineering, computer science or other quantitative fields
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of fixed income markets, in particular, credit products and models, is a plus but is not a strict requirement.
- Strong software design and development skills, preferably with some C++ and Python knowledge and experience
- Pro-active attitude. Should have a natural interest to learn about our business, models, and infrastructure.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Attention to detail and focus on the quality of deliverables
Ideal candidates for these positions would be a graduate/post-graduate from a premier college or institute. A computer science or mathematics background will be most suitable.