HR Manager at Aasaanjobs
Views:3115 Applications:72 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:58
Director - Product Design - Mobile & Web Products (7-11 yrs)
Director - Design
About Aasaanjobs (an OLX Group Company):
Aasaanjobs.com is a recruitment company for entry level blue grey-collar jobs in the country. We are in the process of creating a digital identity for millions who play such a crucial role in the ever-expanding service industry of the country. A platform to truly address the - Next Billion Users- .
The company is focused on disrupting the extremely frictional recruitment industry by making the process quick, convenient and smooth for all the collaborators. The play-field is a multi-billion-dollar domestic market and an even bigger international market which is looking for meaningful consolidation. Such a consolidation would ensure that people are not haggling with sub-standard products but are being offered a delightful one.
Started in 2014, the team is composed of young, energetic and highly motivated IIT Bombay alumni, coming from different professional backgrounds.
Website - www.aasaanjobs.com
Seed Round - January 2015 - Inventus, IDG
Series A - November 2015 - Aspada, IDG, Inventus
Series B - November 2018 - Naspers/Olx
- Create close working alliances with Product, Strategy, Marketing and Engineering, to shape and deliver design vision and strategy
- Develop solutions that balance member needs, business constraints, and technical considerations across different surfaces (mobile, web etc.)
- Defining and designing the multi-channel experience of our customers - product portfolio will span mobile, web and a variety of other services, which we deliver via a user-friendly internet platform
- Uncover and decode the latent and unmet needs of our users, successfully converting their needs into solutions
- Build, develop and nurture a world-class technical product design team; enable your team to innovate, Solve complex design problems and deliver extraordinary results
- Create an environment in which customer happiness, employee happiness and company goals intersect and flourish
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ideal candidate should have 7-10 years of hands-on product design experience with mobile and web products, and proven leadership and team-building skills.
- Design school graduates/postGraduates with a specialization in Interaction Design
- Preference would be given to candidates who have Engineering + Design degrees
- An outstanding portfolio that showcases your foundation in ideation, visual design, interaction and delivery
- Analytical thinking - analyze data, determine how to incorporate findings into design
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work nimbly across multiple projects, with fast-paced, iterative product development cycles
- The flexibility to quickly adapt and produce in a rapidly-changing environment, meeting aggressive product launch schedules
You'll be working with :
- Chief Executive Officer - Dinesh Goel
- Chief Product Officer - Rohit Dhar (Reporting manager)
- Chief Technology Officer - Gaurav Verma
- Associate Director - Nikita Navral
Location: HSR Layout, Bangalore
Our Leadership Principles :
Whether you are an individual contributor or a manager of a large team, you are a AasaanJobs.com leader. These are our leadership principles, unless you know better ones. Please be a leader.
Customer Obsession :
Leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. Although leaders pay attention to competitors, they obsess over customers.
Leaders are owners. They think long term and don- t sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. They act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just their own team. They never say - that's not my job- .
Invent and Simplify :
Leaders expect and require innovation and invention from their teams and always find ways to simplify. They are externally aware, look for new ideas from everywhere, and are not limited by - not invented here- . As we do new things, we accept that we may be misunderstood for long periods of time.
Are Right, A Lot :
Leaders are right a lot. They have strong judgment and good instincts. They seek diverse perspectives and work to disconfirm their beliefs.
Learn and Be Curious :
Leaders are never done learning and always seek to improve themselves. They are curious about new possibilities and act to explore them.
Hire and Develop the Best :
Leaders raise the performance bar with every hire and promotion. They recognize exceptional talent, and willingly move them throughout the organization. Leaders develop leaders and take seriously their role in coaching others. We work on behalf of our people to invent mechanisms for development like Career Choice.
Insist on the Highest Standards :
Leaders have relentlessly high standards - many people may think these standards are unreasonably high. Leaders are continually raising the bar and drive their teams to deliver high quality products, services and processes. Leaders ensure that defects do not get sent down the line and that problems are fixed so they stay fixed.
Think Big :
Thinking small is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Leaders create and communicate a bold direction that inspires results. They think differently and look around corners for ways to serve customers.
Bias for Action :
Speed matters in business. Many decisions and actions are reversible and do not need extensive study. We value calculated risk taking.
Accomplish more with less. Constraints breed resourcefulness, self-sufficiency and invention. There are no extra points for growing headcount, budget size or fixed expense.
Earn Trust :
Leaders listen attentively, speak candidly, and treat others respectfully. They are vocally self-critical, even when doing so is awkward or embarrassing. Leaders do not believe their or their team's body odor smells of perfume. They benchmark themselves and their teams against the best.
Dive Deep :
Leaders operate at all levels, stay connected to the details, audit frequently, and are skeptical when metrics and anecdote differ. No task is beneath them.
Have Backbone; Disagree and Commit :
Leaders are obligated to respectfully challenge decisions when they disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or exhausting. Leaders have conviction and are tenacious. They do not compromise for the sake of social cohesion. Once a decision is determined, they commit wholly.
Deliver Results :
Leaders focus on the key inputs for their business and deliver them with the right quality and in a timely fashion. Despite setbacks, they rise to the occasion and never settle.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.