Director - Marketing & Communications - FMCG (15-20 yrs)
About Human Capital Solutions is a leading executive search firm based out of New Delhi providing recruitment assistance to a broad spectrum of industries.
Human Capital Solutions are working in partnership with global leading FMCG Organization to recruit Director Marketing and Communications.
Director Marketing and Communications - Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the Organization's marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for chapters in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
The position reports to the Executive Director and serves as a member of the senior management team.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY :
- Responsible for total management of a given brand's business (both traditional and digital) throughout the entire strategic, planning, and implementation process
- Accountable for all domestic communication and media deliverables; maintain status report as demonstration of this and for client and internal management effectiveness
- Translate strategy statement into ideas and actions; expand communications planning influence beyond Context Strategies and communications plans into orchestrated marketing tactics that deliver on stated goals using agreed to marketing and communications strategies
- Lead or co-lead with Strategy Director in strategic positioning, segmentation initiatives and in areas of holistic program planning and communications idea generation/execution. Use Group Director, Communication Planning strategically to broaden perspective or sharpen selling power
- Oversee strategic implementation and measurement/optimization of communication plans; create projects that are critical to each brand's marketing and learning plans and be the point-person on strategic and broader implementation questions (leverage management strength of team to implement media plan specifics)
- Earn shared leadership role with creative agency in holistic brand management and marketing planning process, including new product development, positioning concepts, segmentation, marketing planning, creative execution, message distribution, measurement, and optimization
- Brief partner agencies on strategic implementation needs and roles of specific communication channels; use specific examples that relate to your brands, retail environments, and competitive set with real or estimated metrics for success to help clients and other partner agencies understand how to communications strategy comes to life in the communications plan
- Work with internal & external teams to ensure that strategic themes and communications plans are implemented faithfully; provide critical leadership in helping others on the team understand how strategies and plans impact sales and ensure output is in synch with the business goals
- Partner and support Strategy Director
- Collaborate with Group Director, Communications Planning in creating and negotiating yearly contracts and supplemental proposals and manage account profitability
- Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Act as the Organization's representative with the media.
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist chapters in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
- Provide counsel to chapters on marketing, communications and public relations.
- Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
- Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events
- Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives to the Executive
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and governance, [and the specific business of the
- Organization and use this information to help the Organization operate with initiative and innovation.
Strategic Thinking & Leadership:
- Demonstrate a keen knowledge of brands, brands equity, consumer definition and motivations
- Lead and contribute to the development of strategic and tactical communications plans
- Articulate effective strategic rationale and logic flow
- Develop specific, measurable client business objectives
- Develop strategies and tactics by media discipline, where appropriate
- Ensure key information is provided to team regarding client issues, internal agency issues, changes in account status, etc.
- Respond appropriately when presented with problems and issues
- Seek lasting solutions rather than quick fixes
- Evaluate media/communication opportunities and provide sound recommendations as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate staff utilization
- Train, motivate, develop and lead a media planning team
- Construct and deliver accurate, honest and timely performance management documents
- Encourage open, ongoing internal communication
- Establish and maintain communications process with media buying AOR, creative, etc. for each piece of business within the team
- Develop presentations and other important communication ; communication that is clear, compelling and persuasive
- Adapt communication style to relevant audience
- Link communication to audience's concerns and perspectives
- Move audience to desired action through clear and persuasive delivery of information
- Communicate key information about our company
Desired Skills & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or Communications
- Minimum 15 years relevant and qualified experience in communications at a Leading company having designed and implemented innovative, successful internal, external and media relations campaigns as well as social media programs.
- Knowledge of FMCG/ Consumer Durable industries preferred.
- Strong writing skills
- Worked with diverse cultures and corporate settings
- Experience in an international organization
- Issues Management and Crisis Communications
Position Code: DMC/HCS
Indicative remuneration: CTC of INR 20- 25 lakhs per annum
For Nomination and Expression of Interest:
Please send a cover letter and resume by email, with - Position Code- in the subject line
(Candidates are requested to mention their current compensation in their CV along with three references)
Only short listed candidates will be informed.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.