Director at Antrors HR Solutions
Views:941 Applications:203 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:14
Director - Legal - IT (15-20 yrs)
Role : Director - Legal ( Office of General Counsel)
Location : Delhi NCR
Job Description :
- Responsible for end to end legal and contracting support to various Business Units of the Organisation Negotiating, reviewing and drafting terms & conditions of international and domestic agreements with clients and vendors for the supply/ receipt of services, software and technology, including all of the ancillary agreements/contract documentation such as RFPs, EOIs, license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, release letters, hold harmless letters etc.
- Transactional legal support in corporate restructuring initiatives such as JVs, mergers and acquisitions - documentation support and advise on related legal and regulatory issues including company law, exchange control, competition law; liaise with external counsels.
- Providing legal support and proactively improving legal processes, and productivity, through simplification, standardization, model contract clauses and contracting templates/ toolkits/playbooks.
- Developing and monitoring contractual risks and action plans as well as support overall strategies to support deal closure while ensuring that contractual risks are effectively mitigated.
- Providing legal support regarding contract interpretation and guidance during the execution phase of client contracts.
- Providing advice on company law, exchange control; corporate governance; labor/ employment, data privacy, anti-bribery and intellectual property related issues; real estate; keeping abreast of legal developments, in particular new regulatory and compliance risks that arise in the region; provide practical advice and documentation support to business units in these areas.
- Policy/ internal guidelines/SOPs formulation. Advise on compliance with internal policies, statutes and other regulatory requirements.
- Support internal investigations/ legal reviews. Assistance in preparing materials and presentations for workshops and training programs.
- Advising on litigation and pre-litigation matters including troublesome practice matters; formulating strategies; drafting and review of associated documentation such as notices, rejoinders, plaints, written statements etc; advising on evidentiary related issues; coordinating with external counsels and law firms; taking ownership to handle matters independently and provide regular updates to senior management.
- Experienced in handling statutory compliance programmes; Policy/ internal guidelines/SOPs formulation. Advise on compliance with internal policies, statutes and other regulatory requirements.
- Ability to independently handle statutory compliance programmes and in coordination with various stakeholders/ departments.
Desired Skills :
- Significant, sophisticated experience in domestic and international contract drafting and negotiations, including sale/purchase of goods and services in India, customer and vendor disputes, intellectual property issues, labor & employment issues, litigation, investigations, etc. Deep experience of having dealt and negotiated with international counsels both on the procurement and supply side.
- Transactional legal experience in corporate restructuring initiatives such as JVs, mergers, acquisitions and the like.
- Well versed with the judicial and court process in India; partner with and manage outside counsel on both civil and criminal matters.
- Superior advocacy skills, including the ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally, skilled in conducting non-adversarial, interests based negotiations in a fast-paced environment; the capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure, and the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests; communicate effectively with senior management.
- Business risk spotting/ analytical ability - the resource must be able to quickly assess the risk areas; balance legal and contractual issues with business risk; and recommend ways of mitigating or managing them; should be able to use judgment, analyze facts and draw logical conclusions
- Ability to work independently.