Founder & Managing Director at HR Access Consulting
Views:537 Applications:135 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:120
Director - Legal - Consulting Firm (15-20 yrs)
Job Description :
- Responsible for end to end legal and contracting support to various Business Units - Negotiating, reviewing and drafting terms & conditions of international and domestic agreements with clients and vendors for the supply/ receipt of services, software and technology, including all of the ancillary agreements/contract documentation such as RFPs, EOIs, license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, release letters, hold harmless letters etc.
- Transactional legal support in corporate restructuring initiatives such as JVs, mergers and acquisitions - documentation support and advise on related legal and regulatory issues including company law, exchange control, competition law; liaise with external counsels.
- Providing legal support and proactively improving legal processes, and productivity, through simplification, standardization, model contract clauses and contracting templates/ toolkits/playbooks.
- Developing and monitoring contractual risks and action plans as well as support overall strategies to support deal closure while ensuring that contractual risks are effectively mitigated.
- Providing legal support regarding contract interpretation and guidance during the execution phase of client contracts.
- Providing advice on company law, exchange control; corporate governance; labor/ employment, data privacy, anti-bribery and intellectual property related issues; real estate; keeping abreast of legal developments, in particular new regulatory and compliance risks that arise in the region; provide practical advice and documentation support to business units in these areas.
- Policy/ internal guidelines/SOPs formulation. Advise on compliance with internal policies, statutes and other regulatory requirements.
- Support internal investigations/ legal reviews. Assistance in preparing materials and presentations for workshops and training programs.
- Advising on litigation and pre-litigation matters including troublesome practice matters; formulating strategies; drafting and review of associated documentation such as notices, rejoinders, plaints, written statements etc; advising on evidentiary related issues; coordinating with external counsels and law firms; taking ownership to handle matters independently and provide regular updates to senior management.
- Experienced in handling statutory compliance programmes; Policy/ internal guidelines/SOPs formulation.
- Advise on compliance with internal policies, statutes and other regulatory requirements.
- Ability to independently handle statutory compliance programmes and in coordination with various stakeholders/ departments.