Manager at Silverpeople
Views:2006 Applications:235 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:230
Director - Information Technology - University (10-25 yrs)
One of the highly reputed and top ranked university/Colleges in India with high paced growth and expansion.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop IT strategies and advise management on various business process, meeting and discussing with vendor partners to understand best in the industry solutions.
- Evaluate campus current IT related requirements and develop overall roadmap to meet future requirements for continuous improvement.
- Implement the network design and monitor it 24X7.
- Responsible for establishing hosting and managing the IT infrastructure and networks.
- Collect requirements from the end user department and design or create or procure accordingly. Maintain/optimize the usage of IT network.
- Define and document a selection criteria and performance analysis for each of the unique technical requirements. Perform analysis on Make, buy or open source for each requirement, wherever applicable.
- Develop and enforce appropriate IT policies and guidelines.
- Managing IP addresses for all the systems connected to the university network
- Maintain network security e.g. Establish firewall, intrusion prevention systems
- License management, maintaining License information, Optimize its usage and periodic renewals.
- ERP Implementation, Training & User support. Business Process Automation and documentation. Collect requirements from the end user department and configure users and processes. ERP customization, Go-live & Training. Implementation of ERP system software and train users.
- Work with departments and units to support their ICT aims and objectives, assist in development of short and long term computing and technology priorities
- Managing entire IT Infrastructure, Budgeting, Vendor Management, Asset Management and Procurement and implementation of multiple system and applications
- Monitoring daily operations to ensure that Infrastructure as a whole provides a high degree of reliability; inspecting Hardware & Network, User Issues, IT Security & Policy and Documentation on a regular basis
- Desktop support, Labs, Network & Wi-Fi, Application support, Data centre support, Biometric Systems Enforce and ensure compliance with software licenses
- Lead the IT support function for all departments in the campus in troubleshooting system, network and applications related issues.
- Oversee Website hosting and maintenance. Periodic technical maintenance of Web and database servers. Tracking of Website hits. Continuous Monitoring for Threats.
- Perform periodic technical and process audits on the following: Network / Internet, Data Canter, Desktop, Biometric & CCTV.
- Master's Degree in any IT related discipline from a recognized University/Institute
- Successful implementation of ERP in an educational institution.
- Understanding of Agile methodology must.
- Must have carried more than one digital transformation projects.
- Preference would be given to candidate having at least 10 years of experience in similar profile with a reputed University / Higher Educational Institution
- Preference would be given for candidates from top engineering institutes with global exposure handling large volume of students
- Candidates are expected to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and must have an intimate knowledge of the higher education landscape in India and internationally
- Candidates with the will to drive the vertical completely by recruiting their own team and set up the policies