Director - Data Science - Business Intelligence & Analytics (12-18 yrs)
Director Data Science-BI & Analytics
- We are seeking a talented leader to lead our Data Science division and develop a long-term roadmap for analytic capabilities. This is an opportunity to drive a broad charter and manage stakeholders across teams ; business, product and technology.
- We have a culture of data-driven decision-making enabled via business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. This team provides a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities.
- Define, build, and lead a team of analysts, data scientists and data engineers
- Work with all teams in the company to understand requirements, plan & deliver solutions and drive data-based actionable decisions.
- Develop reporting dashboards KPIs and monitor them diligently to quickly assess problems and solve them quickly.
- You should be detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems. You should work in a self-directed environment, own tasks and drive them to completion.
- Be hands-on with big data technologies and be able to guide the team through technical leadership.
- B. Tech or a relevant degree in a quantitative field (mathematics, statistics, economics, OR)
- 12+ years in data science, Machine Learning and AI.
- Be able to manage a team of high performance individuals. Also, mentor and grow them.
- Ability to work with various teams in a complex environment, ensuring timely delivery of multiple projects. Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Highly analytical with the ability to collate, analyze and present data and drive clear insights to lead decisions that improve KPIs.
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage relationships with senior management, other departments and partners.
- Experience in R, Python, PySpark
- Experience working with AWS Big Data Technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3)
- Experience in at least one visualization platform such as Tableau, QlikView, Spotfire, Metabase or ReDash.
- Advanced SQL experience is mandatory ; Hive SQL, Presto, SQL Server, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize conflicting requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to succinctly summarize key findings