Head - Partnership at Map My Talent Consulting
Views:654 Applications:207 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:43
Director - Data Science & Artificial Intelligence - Consulting Firm (12-16 yrs)
Basic Function / Job Responsibilities
- As the head of the Centre of Excellence for Data Science & Artificial Intelligence, he / she is responsible for providing leadership and direction to COE in day to day operations, assist in long term strategy and delivering business plans across CoEs.
- He /She is responsible for the management and governance of COE, deliverables, and development of DS & AI ecosystem within the state. The director should have an entrepreneurial spirit, is a strategic thinker, focuses on tangible results, has a collaborative - can do- attitude, and a strong desire for being a catalyst for change.
- All responsibilities carried out in accordance with Code of Conduct, values and guiding principles ensuring adherence to all applicable external contractual obligations and environmental obligations as applicable.
- Ensure the required COE structure is in place and resources are well deployed and utilized to deliver CoE objectives and vision
- Manages operations of the CoE. Oversee business operations for CoE and Stakeholders including strategy, planning, tracking & reporting; a single point of accountability for success, governance and compliance needs of CoE - DS & AI
- Plans, coordinates, organizes, and spearheads efforts to provide technology, data, expertise and ensures appropriate equipment and materials are available for co-creation and research.
- Curates community development programs disseminates knowledge, and carries out
evangelization through workshops, events etc. to maximize adoption of data-driven decision making by user enterprises, and government
- Understands changing technologies, landscape of DS & AI and works with technology providers to make available best-in-class innovation platforms to users of CoE
- In collaboration with SSC and other partners develop partnership with academic
and non-academia partners for research and skill development, enable creation of courseware
- Monitors, evaluates, reports progress made on various deliverables. Recommends course correction and seeks direction from CEO & Governing Council.
- Spearheads and guides people through changes, provide strong leadership to the team to communicate and achieve CoE objectives and vision
- Partner with other functional groups within the Organization and member network etc to ensure overall effectiveness of the CoE
Managerial Excellence :
- Sets direction for the business, team and helps them achieve/excel
- Ensures team has adequate training, consulting and tools to deliver objectives
- Promotes a mindset for sustained success, profitable growth and diversity
- Continually enhances own skills and builds knowledge in all aspects of the organization, the business and information systems
Behavioral Competencies (for superior performance) :
- Operations Management Stakeholder Management
- Building Collaboration Change Management
- Analytical Skills Team Management
Qualifications and Experience :
- Graduate / Post Graduate, preferably with a technical background
- Business Unit / Program Head in a technology company with a portfolio of services and products and a revenue of over $10M USD
- Excellent understanding of technology; overall experience of 15+ yrs. in which at least 2+ years in working with stakeholders including industry, academia, and government
- Experience in leading a Startups in some part of the career will be very useful
- AI, Data Analytics, knowledge of various technologies, applications and tools used in the area of Data Analytics and implementation of Artificial Intelligence. Any certifications/qualifications in this area would be an added advantage.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Travel requirements :
- Appreciation of deep technology areas like Data Science, AI and associated products
- Project / Program Management Process (PMP)
- Talent Management process (recruitment/selection, performance management, coaching, reward/ recognition)