Director - Category Management - eCommerce (8-12 yrs)
Industry - Internet / Online / eCommerce
Category - Sales & Marketing
Skills - Category Manager, P&L Ownership
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description :
- You would be responsible for working with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Inventory Management, Product & Tech, Creative, Site Merchandising, Operations to grow top and bottom line for your category, increase volumes and margins, while assessing cost optimization opportunities.
Client Details :
Started in 2011, the client is a series D funded set-up and a leading player in the e-commerce space.
1. P&L Ownership :
- Full-stack responsibility for the top line, contribution margin, and EBITDA for respective categories.
- Strong cross-functional partnership with Demand, Merchandising (Supply), Site Merchandising, Inventory & Operations team to deliver profitability goals for your category.
2) Assortment & Merchandising :
- Deliver on brand promise of head to toe fashion is conveyed, serving the customer fashion for all occasions across Infant/Toddler/Child customer segments.
- Define assortment for the brand by product-types / clusters, optimize assortment width within clusters for better inventory turns while ensuring full range available for the customer.
- Lead, empower and mentor Hopscotch Merchandising & Supply team in India & China.
- Lead, design and execute Vendor Partnership Plan with India and China vendors. Lead vendor negotiation and strategic partnerships with key Vendors.
3) Thought Leadership & Partnership :
- Product & Tech: Engage with product & tech team on long term projects, provide business insights & project scoping for
i) Demand Projects: Ensure conversion continues to strengthen with the right investments
ii) Supply Projects: Ensure 95% automation for operations and finance
- Demand Partnership: Engage with Marketing & Site Merchandising teams to design the events calendar, customer engagement programs and promotion strategy with the objective to feature the right merchandise, pull in traffic and deliver the right value proposition (promos, bundling, liquidation) to ensure conversion.
- Inventory: Ensure we offer the customer well built out categories with high in-stock rates
- Pricing Analytics: Work closely with the Analytics team on defining the right pricing strategy to offer the customer best in class value yet delivery on profitability goals.
The ideal candidate should have :
- 6+ years of P&L Management experience
- Category management experience in an e-commerce set-up
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- An understanding of and passion for e-commerce
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude
Leadership role in a leading E-commerce brand
Independently manage the P&L for various categories
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Simran Kaur on +91 (0) 22 4236 3321.
Contact - Simran Kaur - +91 (0) 22 4236 3321
The Apply Button will redirect you to the website. Please apply there as well.