Senior Manager at FirstCall HResource Pvt Ltd
Views:1206 Applications:68 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:44
Director - Analyst Relations - AR Strategy & Program - Telecom (15-20 yrs)
Director - Analyst Relations - AR Strategy & Program
- This role is responsible for establishing and maintaining the Company's global reputation with industry analysts and advisors/consultants across every region, as well as globally. The incumbent needs to create and curate a credible and highly differentiated narrative for the company's business, grounded in the ambitious transformation from established telco to global digital infrastructure provider of choice for enterprises and service providers everywhere.
- As such, it is a highly business-critical role, which designs, leads and executes the global AR strategy and program. The role needs not only to articulate, demonstrate and educate external influencers, it also needs to devise meaningful insights and provide external assessment and commentary back into the business. In doing so, it needs to engage with the senior leadership team in the business. It also needs to lead our drive to enter, be placed and win myriad high-profile industry awards and analyst evaluations.
- Analyst advocacy has become a significant driver of customer success through adoption of our new (growth) services and end-user purchase decisions. This in turn will raise our NPS score and achieve the EBITDA and ROCE targets so central to our corporate mission.
- The analyst/consultant assessments, awards, endorsements, commentary and recognition enable decision-makers across our customer and prospects' base to help evaluate markets, technology and service providers in those markets to support their investment decisions.
- It is critical for company to be positively represented in these analyst/consultant reports and assessments so this role needs not only to identify the right influencers among the global analyst/consultant community and develop tailored engagement strategies, but also it needs to build all the top-tier relationships.
- It also needs to oversee the preparation of comprehensive strategic submissions, and personally create the space and the opportunities for relevant discussions and assessments for the company.
- Hence, this requires strong partnership across the business in order to facilitate the optimum business outcome across Sales, Product and Marketing global functions and teams.
- Global Analyst & consultant firms: Industry analysts and consultants, including ABI Research, Analysys Mason, ACG Research, Enterprise Strategy Group, Everest Group, Forrester Research, Frost & Sullivan, Gartner, GlobalData, Heavy Reading, IDATE, IDC, ISG, IHS Market, MachNation, Ovum, PA Consulting, Strategy Analytics, 451 Research, Telegeography and Vertical Systems, among others.
Senior decision-makers across the tech and IT industry globally - CXO suite.
Key Internal :
No. of direct reports :
The role leads through influence across broader Corporate Communications, Product Marketing, Segment Marketing, Product Management and Sales teams. Direct team of three people. Indirect sphere of influence: around 50 people (including company analyst spokespeople).
Total Team Size :
Direct team of three people. Indirect sphere of influence: 50 people (including company analyst spokespeople). AR is a unique role in that it partners and collaborates actively with the executive, leaders and the rest of the organization to deliver results. It is never a single team effort - but core active network is around 50 people.
Other size parameters :
- Leadership Forum is key test-bed for AR strategy, programs and pool for company spokespeople: about 230 people globally.
Minimum qualification & experience :
- Must have experience in the field as Telco Industry Analyst.
- More generally, we need a minimum of 15 years experience devising strategy and also managing global analyst relations programs.
- Existing relationships with the very top-tier industry analysts and analyst firms is also a prerequisite, as is a strong and tested understanding of analyst and strategic research.
- Extensive experience in the global technology industry, including familiarity with WEF's fourth industrial revolution that is Digital Transformation (DX) is also required.
- We need a strong strategic thinker with exemplary influencing skills, in order to provide senior executives and leaders with right counsel for maximum commercial and reputational value.
- Accordingly, sound business and financial acumen is also required.
- In terms of traits, we need a tested self-starter, someone who has the clear ability to lead this strategic agenda through others, who is well able to work independently, to manage others and who enjoys working as a specialist among more generalist teams.
- This requires a proven ability to create high quality work, with good judgment in a fast-paced and largely unstructured environment Bachelor's degree in relevant field is required, with MBA or advanced degree as a plus.
- Concentration in marketing, product management, communications or equivalent experience is a must.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY (Key Activities):
1. Annual Planning for Marketing & Corporate Communications function
2. Lead the business' global analyst relations strategy development and strategic plan to help deliver customer and financial success in the context of Destination 21 performance ambition.
3. Lead and orchestrate the cross-business execution of global AR plan, with special focus on global sales, marketing, product, service delivery and technology functions.
PERFORMANCE METRICS :
- Analyst advocacy for the organization on the whole as well as for product categories
- Analyst assessments/ awards, analyst interactions, analyst report mentions, analyst insights for every product development/ segment launch, Global Analyst Summit, external comms/ thought leadership content to include analyst quote/insight
2. Fiscal Efficiency and Marketing & Corporate Communications Programme Budget Management
- Own and drive all global analyst to spend and provide counsel to GMC and business leaders on key analyst influence. To inform and educate the business on the scope of engagement and facilitate external AR resources available to them, in order to optimise the company's investment in global analyst and research houses.
- Best in class candidate would also create and lead the digital AR programme which seeks to expand the reach of company's initiatives and content to a wider community of influencers, decision-makers, thought leaders, advisors and consultants.
PERFORMANCE METRICS :
- Demonstrably move the needle on strategic customer success programs
- Effectiveness of digital AR programme (may include total reach, impressions)
3. Process improvement, Compliance and Audit :
- Maintain the company Code of Conduct and DRIVE in all interactions with industry analysts/consultants.
- Plan and develop Analyst Relations portal to enable automation and strengthen collaboration efforts
- Lead AR inputs to internal audit and external TBEM assessments for the whole company.
PERFORMANCE METRICS :
- AR programme innovation
4. Dashboard Reporting :
- Analytics and Return on Marketing Investment
- Develop and manage KRAs for the AR program and cross-functional KRAs - sharing consistent updates to leadership and internal teams
- Promote AR results and report outcomes on internal platforms such as Yammer, Leadership Live, and Leadership Forums to inform and educate internal stakeholders of AR value
PERFORMANCE METRICS :
- AR programme effectiveness and innovation
- Internal advocacy
5. Agency Management :
Advance the development, simplification and innovation of the AR programme while defining scalable, repeatable best practices for the organisation At the same time manage global AR agencies and also AR teams within global marketing and communications agencies, directing all efforts in support of the overarching company's business goals. Exemplary agency management is a key expectation of this role.