Director - Agriculture Farm Operations (10-15 yrs)
Director - Agriculture Farm Operations (Sustainable Agriculture Firm)
- The ideal candidate will be able to grow the farm programmes by developing future service offerings while establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. farm groups, government, academic institutions) in order to support our vision of creating more sustainable supply chains along with achieving the social, agronomical and environmental targets.
1. Drive the strategic direction of the farm operation management and development
2. Further developing farm operation opportunities in the South Asia region
3. Understanding and developing opportunities for farm related activities and projects to help benefit the bottom of the pyramid farmers and their extended families
4. Bringing cutting lead thinking to agricultural practice including new technologies
5. Unlocking new business opportunities and operational models
6. Deliver against social, agronomical and environmental targets e.g. water reduction, pesticide reduction through delivery of CottonConnect's farm programmes
7. Establish efficient, effective and innovative process and mechanisms to reach out to multitude of farmers across diverse geographies using technology and minimizing manual interventions.
8. Develop a strong review mechanism to monitor the farm operations and to drive continous improvement
9. Provide leadership to the Farm team(as part of a matrix team across all offices & projects) and ensure team outcomes are timely, effective, focused and market driven
- 10 to 15 years professional experience with a proven track record of developing & delivering Farm Operation projects and growing new business. Ideally with proven experience of delivering results in an entrepreneurial business.
- Significant experience in working in Farm Operations particularly in emerging economies
- Sound understanding of sustainable agricultural practices and sustainability issues
- Experience of developing innovative platforms and products
Qualifications : Educated to post graduate degree level preferably in Agricultural Sciences.
- Self starter and entrepreneur
- Ability to influence and engage across a variety of audiences
- Collaborative and team player
- Tenacious and delivery oriented
- Frequent Travel within India, particularly to offices & project locations