Associate Consultant at TD Newton & Associates
Views:97 Applications:25 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Direct Tax Role - CA (2-6 yrs)
Your key responsibilities:
- Assist seniors in replying to queries raised by clients on corporate tax matters wherein issues may range from capital gains, tax payments, preparation of return of income, etc.
- Undertaking technical research on income-tax provisions impacting the taxation of clients;
- Preparing submissions in relation to assessment and appellate proceedings in the case of clients and support seniors in representation before the income-tax authorities;
- Appearing before the income-tax authorities on routine matters concerning the clients
- Support in handling administrative responsibilities for clients allocated to you such as engagement letters, internal QRM, filing of client papers, billing follow-up, etc.
- Client responsibilities: Conduct the engagement in a professional manner and in accordance with client expectations and as defined by the terms and conditions of the contract
- Exhibit positive attitude and demonstrate willingness to learn.
- Work constructively with team to evaluate and improve personal and team performance.
- Contribute and leverage knowledge from individuals, databases and other sources.
- Provide timely anETd high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Participate in executing work within a group by assisting by delivering work effectively, and teaming with tax professionals to provide comprehensive tax solutions.
- Ensure that the areas of work assigned are executed in accordance with the work programme and the firm's methodologies and guidance, and professional standards.
- Use electronic working papers, efficiently including various software applications and sources of knowledge in an appropriate manner to conduct research.
- Acquire and demonstrate competence in technical knowledge, and compliance process by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations.
- Analyze and convert data into a tax product (advisory/compliance) and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the product.
- Where applicable thoroughly check documents and make available for tax inspections in an appropriate manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Proficient in MS word, excel, power point.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong Analytical/Numerical ability.
- Good interpersonal skills, enthusiastic and Self Starter
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- 2-3 years of experience in direct tax
Ideally you'll also have:
- Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
- Comfortable in travelling within the designated city limits / other locations for work related matters
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.