HR at Dimagi India
Views:1732 Applications:411 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:42
Dimagi - Project Manager (6-12 yrs)
Organization Description :
Founded out of Harvard University and MIT in 2002, Dimagi is an award-winning global technology social enterprise with an impact-focused business model. We deliver open source technology to help underserved communities in over 60 countries around the world. Our partners include the World Bank, WHO, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, UNICEF, Novartis, Johns Hopkins, the University of Pennsylvania, the Harvard School of Public Health and more. Dimagi's work has been profiled in the New York Times, the Washington Post, Huffington Post, the World Economic Forum and Forbes, among others.
Our team of exceptional public health and development specialists,software developers and engineers apply their experience in technology development, implementation, and global healthcare delivery to further public health and wellbeing.
In the next few years, our India office has set aggressive goals, both for Dimagi and across the mHealth industry, to dramatically improve healthcare delivery at scale across India and beyond. We are developing and already implementing mobile applications for hundreds of thousands of health workers of the Government of India, who use our technology to provide services to hundreds of millions of beneficiaries across the country.
Position Description :
- Dimagi is seeking a Project Manager (PM) to drive the implementation and delivery of mHealth projects in India. We are looking for a dedicated and versatile individual who is eager to work in a small, team-oriented, and impact-driven organization.
- The objectives for this position are to manage workstreams in one of our ground-breaking, large-scale mHealth projects, which are transforming community health systems across multiple Indian states in partnership with central and state governments. The PM will ensure all business requirements are managed correctly, expectations are coordinated across multiple stakeholders, and deliverables are implemented in a timely fashion. The PM will also coordinate project teams and senior client relationships, as well as the scope of the intervention. The PM will work in close collaboration with and receive strategic guidance from the Project Director and Dimagi's Management Team.
- The successful candidate will drive industry-changing improvements to healthcare delivery with central and state governments on national level projects. The position will include some travel around India, both to larger metropolitan areas for partner meetings, as well as under-served communities where frontline health workers are using our products to improve health and well-being. You will join our world-class team to learn and share best practices and expertise from across the globe.
- Compensation will depend on the level of experience and qualifications but will be competitive with local rates. We request a long term commitment for this position, but employment is at-will according to company policies.
- Manage the coordination and implementation of mobile technology projects, working with project partners, our field team, and an international team of software developers.
- Coordinate, guide, and mentor analysts and other staff to leverage diverse skill sets and maximize team effectiveness and satisfaction.
- Drive the definition of requirements, design, and development of CommCare implementations.
- Manage expectations of a wide range of project stakeholders in terms of functionality, the scope of the system, and support.
- Coordinate with partners and vendors both within and outside of India to ensure an end-to-end solution.
- Stay on top of the bigger picture. Prepare and maintain detailed project plans outlining the activities, necessary steps, risks, and dependencies of given work streams as the project progresses.
- Lead meetings to review project progress, mitigate risks, coordinate tasks, and ensure quality implementation.
In keeping with Dimagi's culture as a flat organization, work collaboratively in building applications, visiting community field sites, and training partner staff.
- Travel frequently to implementation sites.
Required Education and Experience :
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering, technology, public health, or other relevant fields.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience, including 2+ years of project management experience (accountability for end-to-end project delivery).
- Project management experience. Planning and organizational skills that result in the successful implementation and follow through on project-based work.
- Experience of having worked in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Experience successfully managing or leading project teams for delivery.
- Willing to travel to rural areas in India.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written. Able to work with a variety of partners and constituents at all levels of the health system including the public health system.
- Able to drive strategic conversations with a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated initiative and comfort with unstructured problems in a diverse environment.
- Self-motivated team player, with proven capabilities to lead a project independently.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization and manage conflicts in a constructive and solution-oriented manner.
- Strong, innovative and creative problem solver with good analytical capability.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple project tracks and work streams.
- Excellent time management and efficient working practices.
- Adaptability and interest in wearing many different hats
- Quick learner, collaborative, and client-oriented.
- Willing to travel at short notice for meetings, project work, etc.
- Able to adopt quickly the use of Dimagi systems and tools e.g. Google Calendar, Google Docs, Dropbox, Skype, WhatsApp
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Professional level (or higher) competency in Hindi.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities :
- Fluency in other Indian languages is also an asset.
- Experience in public sector and government programs, preferably within India.
- Experience working on technology projects or products.
- Experience working in an international team.
- Dimagi provides an employer-sponsored health insurance plan for all employees and their family, including an additional OPD and mental health allowance.
Health and Fitness allowance :
- Air Quality reimbursement to cover air purifiers, pollution masks, etc
- Monthly contributions to each employee's EPF account.
- Employee stock option plan.
- 30 days Paid Time Off, Flex Time, and 10 Personal Initiative Days.
- Complimentary lunch provided in office.
- Opportunities for international travel.