Partner at EJob Ocean
Views:287 Applications:78 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:33
DGM - Legal & Compliance - Manufacturing (8-10 yrs)
Job Description :
- Dealing with all legal matters including corporate laws, labour laws, criminal, civil, police liaison, and arbitration matters. Well versed with Court Process, well networked in Government & Police department;
- Hands on experience in setting up and managing compliances of a factory unit and expertise in legal aspects relating to various Labour Laws, Shops and Establishment Legislations, Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act etc. and all local laws as may be applicable;
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance;
- Adept in performing ad-hoc tasks and duties as may be assigned by the Management.
- Apply effective risk management techniques to research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations and accordingly offer proactive advise on possible legal issues;
- Attending and handling court cases, case notices and handle all litigation matters with support of external counsel;
- Negotiate, review and draft agreements and documentation for business transactions and prepare and Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the legal department for management meetings.
- Responsible for keeping records of all licenses & compliances and all litigation matters.
- Maintain knowledge of all new changes in the law, analyze implications and suggest manner of implementation.