Consultant at Buyonclouds
Views:3938 Applications:393 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:37
DGM - Internal Audit - Manufacturing - CA (10-18 yrs)
Our client is one of the largest conglomerates in heavy engineering & manufacturing segment.
Currently, they seek to hire a DGM-Internal Audit for their operations in Oman.
The objective of the role is to provide independent assurance that company's risk management, governance, and internal control processes are operating effectively. This role supports an organization in defining areas where it could improve, while also providing information it needs to accomplish its goals.
It provides insight into company's policies, procedures, and aids board and management oversight by verifying internal controls such as operating effectiveness, risk mitigation controls, and compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
This position reports to the Global Head - Internal Audit and will have a team below.
KRAs of the role are :
I. Internal Audit
- Preparation of risk based annual audit plan and audit universe using input from auditees to cover all activities and projects
- Internal audit of various functions and departments based on annual audit plan to strengthen internal controls, system, process of company including various recommendations to strengthen processes and systems such as
- HR Operational Processes viz. payroll, time, policy compliance, system improvements and compliances
- Stores and Inventory management
- Cash verification, Vendor master review, Fixed Assets verification, Capex process review
- Sales & Marketing audit including revenue reorganization and Customer/Debtor management
- Purchase Requisition (PR) to Payment process audit of all materials (including raw materials) and return of rejected materials
- Active participation and inputs in the development of new policies, information systems, ERP modules, Delegation of Financial Powers (DOFP) of company to ensure that efficient and effective system, policies, procedures and controls are incorporated.
- Drafting of Internal Audit Report and various kinds of Presentations for audit committee and other senior management meetings.
- Ensure final audit reports are issued with all recommendations agreed and accepted by the audited individual/group, considering materiality, internal controls and documentary evidence along with results.
- Pre audit and special assignments of various functions as per instruction of local/corporate management including full and final of employees and high value contractors.
- Pre Audit of various kinds of suppliers as well as employees bills, vouchers, Work Orders and Purchase Orders.
- Physical verification of stock and fixed assets.
II. Risk & Compliance
- Identify key areas of risk within organization in risk register with proper impact and rating to them and propose appropriate action plans and controls to mitigate risks within the organization's aptitude level.
- Reviewing and monitoring legal, statutory and internal compliance including documentation thereof, ensuring the organization is adhering to rules, codes or practice, business ethics, internal guidelines and principles.
- Compliance with the external rules that are imposed upon Unit
- Compliance with internal systems of control that are imposed to achieve compliance with the externally imposed rules
- Submission of conformity report periodically to the management along with action plan for compliances.
- Ideal candidate should be a Chartered Accountant and overall experience of 10+ years of Internal Audit in manufacturing/ processing industry
- Extensive experience of Internal Audit with at least 5-6 years leading the Audit /SPOC is desirable.