Director at Zalent Consulting
Views:469 Applications:107 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:27
DGM/General Manager - Business Development - Real Estate Investment (7-18 yrs)
We are representing a leading Real Estate Developer of India which is looking to bring on a senior Business Development professional to join their team for new land acquisition, deal evaluations and financial modelling of their Bangalore market. The roles and responsibilities include :
- This role involves sourcing of deals, understanding the markets, evaluating potential deals and partners, supporting technical and legal due diligence and concluding the transactions independently for the assigned region.
- This is done through lead identification, conducting feasibility analysis, detailed market research, financial modelling, and project evaluation, negotiation with JV partners, ensuring legal checks and documentation and deal finalization.
- The candidate will be independently handling developers real estate investments and business development activities and would be responsible for making sound investments with high ROI for the company.
- The candidate should be well rounded in terms of analytical and softer skills since handling Joint Venture partners, along with high aptitude, as both are important aspects of the job.
- This is a demanding profile which offers unparalleled growth opportunities and exposure to participate/lead multi-million dollar transactions.
- The candidate will work in an extremely successful team which is both highly motivated and highly talented.
Qualification & Experience :
- MBA from Tier 1/2 B-School
- Min. 7 years of experience in real estate company / real estate focused fund / Investment fund where work focus was on real estate / Private Equity and Investment
- Well versed with the Bangalore RE market
Key Skills :
- Financial Analysis : Understanding financial statements & levers that impact each.
- Financial Modelling : DCFs, Ratio analysis, land valuation techniques.
- Regulatory Knowledge : Understanding of rules and regulations governing the land deals/projects for Bangalore
- Understanding the structure of a legal MOU eg. land related documentation on title of ownership
- Market Knowledge : Very good understanding of Bangalore real estate market including thorough understanding of all jurisdictions
- Established network of land owners, promoters, brokers, etc.
- Reasonable knowledge of land laws
- Understanding local language
- Statistical knowledge