Consulting Partner at InnoQuest Consulting
Views:7601 Applications:290 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:105
Development Head - Telecom (20-30 yrs)
InnoQuest Consulting is a startup comprising a Core team of seasoned Talent Acquisition professionals with experience across diverse industries ranging from IT, ITeS, Banking & Financial Services and Telecom with team's core expertise in Mid/ Senior Management & Leadership hiring.
About Our Client:
Our client is one of India's largest Telecommunications company. The company has a customer base of over 30 million including overseas retail customers, and ranks among the Top 10 Asian Telecom companies. They have established a pan-India, next generation, integrated (wireless and wireline), convergent (voice, data and video) digital network that is capable of supporting best-of-class services spanning the entire Infocomm value chain and own and operate next generation IP enabled connectivity infrastructure.
As a key leadership role, is accountable for managing and coordinating resources and processes to deliver software releases, products while participating in defining the strategy for the product development team by driving initiatives that deliver on the organisational vision.
This integrated functional unit is responsible for Development ( coding, configuration, customisation of products etc. ) of the Technology solution to cater to Business Requirements.
It supports all LOBs: Wireless (PrePaid / PostPaid), Wireline, Home & Global Businesses.
- To have principle responsibility for the application development aspects of the Company IT strategy & deliveries.
- Directing and managing staff, including performance management and assessment, development, mentoring, training and staff budgeting
- Ensure that development standards are kept up to date and that they are observed.
- Responsible for implementation of Projects / Change Requests according to agreed timelines and quality
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
- Evolve the existing software system applications and architecture in various areas as needed
- Provide software development plan that meets the future needs of the business based on state-of-the-art technologies.
- To have tactical and overall operational responsibility to define, monitor and update the overall development plan, with particular emphasis on setting realistic deadlines and ensuring that they are met .
- Ensure that all production systems are supported and maintained according to industry standards for quality system provision, and that requests for amendments and enhancements are properly authorized, change managed, and implemented in accordance with installation, release, and change control standards
- Maintain awareness of Data Protection legislation, Freedom of Information and other relevant legislation, and ensure that all legal requirements are complied with.
Contact with Others:
Internal: Operations Team, Solution & Architecture team, Governance Team, Quality Team
External: Vendors, Business functions
- 20-25 years of IT/Telecom experience of which 15+ years in the area of software development
- Experience in design, development, release cycle and delivering software solutions.
- Work experience in major areas of development like BSS, OSS, DSS & Analytics.
- Experience in Telecom COTS products and preferably in Amdocs CRM, Intec Billing, ClariTy, SAS etc.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle
- Strong leadership, program management and problem solving skills
- Experience of managing large teams
- Experience in interacting with Sr leadership of the business teams.
- Experience in interactions with customers in a pro-active manner with responsibilities to manage & understand SLA.
Education Criteria: B.E./B.Tech/ MBA
PS - Looking at candidates who can join within a month's time
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.