Executive Headhunter at Archer & Bull
Views:1641 Applications:13 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Deputy Manager - Receivable - Real Estate - CA (3-7 yrs)
This is a chance to work in a vibrant, multi-cultural environment. Our client is diversified across real estate, malls, hospitality etc.
This is an opportunity to be part of empowering work culture, with a focus on professional development and growth. This position supports and helps in budget and forecast preparations, long term plans and other ad-hoc related requests.
He/she will ensure that Accounts Receivable and Revenues are properly authorized according to company policy and procedure, and with applicable DOA.
This position is also responsible for implementing and monitoring the Revenue and Accounts Receivable monthly closing process and checklist as well as regular review of tenant account balances
1. Business Insights and Support :
- Provide accounting guidelines and support in Accounts Receivable and Revenues area to lease administration team as and when required.
- Assist and provide swift feedback to Leasing collection team, Third-party service provider and Property Management Team in day to day transactions pertaining to renewal, amendments, surrender and new deals
- Provide guidelines on the company's policies and procedures DOA as and when required
- Provide historical information and analysis as and when required
- Ensure accounts receivable and revenue processes are operated efficiently and effectively, and support business units activities in relation to those processes
- Support the business by reducing review and processing time for all Revenue and Receivables transaction, i.e. Refunds, Statement of Accounts and billing
2. Financial Control and Stewardship :
- Assist in implementing and monitoring a strong internal control system and recommend any improvement required to eliminate manual work
- Maintain proper control over customer codes, ensuring correctness and completeness and advice activation and deactivation according to business needs
- Ensure clearing of any reconciling item resulted from revenue bank accounts reconciliation on a timely basis
- Review and ensure the correctness of customer balances for advances, deposits, receivables and revenue on a monthly basis.
- Implement all audit recommendations in revenue and receivable area on a timely basis
- Review and reconcile tenant accounts balances for revenue and receivables with GL on a monthly basis and ensure no integrity issue is pending
- Negotiate with clients in non-payment cases and settle non-payment disputes with clients efficiently.
- Oversee the processing and organizing of bills, records and invoices ensuring quality maintenance at every step.
3. Financial Reporting and Transaction processing :
- Review and Post day to day AR and revenue related accounting transaction ensuring
- Adequacy of supporting documents,
- Proper authorizations are in place,
- Correctness and completeness of information recorded in the system
- Correctness and appropriate selection of the accounting treatment, and
- Proper selection of GL accounts and Billing Codes
- Reviewing the accurate posting of documents in ERP by the team.
- Verifying all new contracts for accuracy & completeness (e.g. PDC & required upfront amounts are received.)
- Monitoring bank related transaction is accounted on a timely basis
- Administer and ensuring smooth workflow of the below listed as per agreed timelines:
- SOA issuance to customers
- Review of contracts pending for activation
- Bounced Cheques Recovery (Based on Policy) and submission of documents to Legal for initiating action.
- Daily interface files for collection and demand are uploaded in SAP and timely circulation of the daily report to management and respective stakeholder.
- Month-end closing for receivables - checklist with timelines that are adhered to for completion.
- Review the monthly recurring billing and ensure the monthly revenues booked agree with the signed lease agreements
- Compute and record Doubtful Debts Provision on monthly basis in compliance with applicable financial policies and procedures and obtain approval on the same
- Submit monthly consolidated financial key information related to AR and revenue area
- Review percentage rent calculation and ensure accuracy completeness and timely billing
- Review customer audited sales and recalculate percentage rent and ensure the same is billed on a time
4. Compliance :
- Ensure all new lease agreements are within approved rates and budget, properly authorized as per applicable DOA, and in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards and local regulations as well as MAFP applicable financial policies and procedures
- Ensure section is following approved company policy and procedure, control guidelines and DOA adherence in day to day transaction in revenue and account receivable area
5. Developing Talent and People :
- Set objectives for the accounts receivable team that align with the accounting department's goals
- Supervise and guide Revenue accounting team across in day to day routine activities and transactions
We are looking for someone who is a CA and has 3 to 7 years of experience in a real estate set up with a strong background in SAP - especially FICO & REFX and SD modules
The person should have worked in Account Receivables extensively.
The role is based in Ras Al Khaimah, UAE.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.