Founder at People Praxis Solutions
Views:460 Applications:108 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:48
Deputy Manager/Manager/Senior Manager - Internal Audit - Insurance (4-12 yrs)
THIS IS NOT A FINANCE PROFILE - CANDIDATES WITH ONLY HEALTH INSURANCE BACKGROUND WILL BE CONSIDERED (Operations/Audit/Underwriting etc)
Concerned individual will be responsible for :
- Planning and execution of internal audits in accordance with the laid down process.
- Providing support to the Head-internal audit for other internal audit related activities including Board presentations and liaising with senior management
- Executing internal audits (process-based as well as IT) in accordance with the approved audit plan including :
a. Compliance with the internal audit methodology
b. Using data analytics for a stratified sample
c. Working closely with management and recommending appropriate risk and control initiatives including best practice
- Display independence in execution of audit and management of various stakeholders
- Ensure upkeep with applicable rules and regulations
- Ensure upkeep with Company's policies and procedures
- Using CAATs and other tools to extracts and analyze data for trends and patterns, and designs review mechanism to identify potential irregularities and increase coverage and efficiencies for audit projects
- Liaise/manage external firms deployed which provide support to the Internal Audit department
- Follow up with process owners/ stakeholders on the progress for remediation initiatives, and validate adequacy of the remediation actions
- Support the Head of Audit with reporting to Board and/or Audit Committee
- Liaise with Regional Office including group auditors on audit progress, remediation status and other audit initiative
- Provide support to additional projects and to identify and pursue on-going process improvements.
- Support continuous improvement of internal audit practices and tools.
Other skills :
- Good communication skills including ability to translate technical matters into business-related decisions for the management.
- Thorough understanding of operational and IT operations and processes
- Have good understanding of Insurance/ financial services industry
- Demonstrate strong and consistent analytical and technical skills
- Demonstrate effective problem resolution and decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build consensus across diverse teams and achieve results through cross functional engagement wherever necessary
Job Dimensions :
Primarily based out of Mumbai Head Office. Occasional travel as per process requirement
Education and Experience Required :
- Minimum 4-12 years of relevant insurance / financial services experience including IT operations/ audit
- Finance, Accounting, IT Risk Management/ Governance, Business Administration
- Recognized accounting/auditing/information system certifications (e.g. CA, CISA, CIA, CISSP)
Internal and External Relationships :
Internal : Across all departments
External : Group companies, external service providers
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.