Consultant - Banking & Financial Services at Crescendo Global
Views:231 Applications:29 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Deputy Manager - IT Operational Risk - Insurance (6-10 yrs)
Deputy Manager - IT Operational Risk (2nd Line of Defense)
Looking for a professional holding at least 6 years of experience in an Operational Risk Management function working closely in the 2nd Line of Defense. You will use your experience in supporting to deliver the Operational Risk Assurance & Controls Testing Plan, and in so doing, supports the implementation of the Operational Risk framework and policies. This role works in close partnership with other stakeholders across the business to ensure a coordinated approach to monitoring the effectiveness of control design and implementation across the organization.
A leading, global firm providing creative and strategic insurance broking, Compensation Benchmarking, Pension consulting solutions across the world.
- Identifying, assessing, managing and reporting risks within your area of responsibility, including supporting formal risk management activities e.g. Risk & Control Self Assessments and timely closure of Assurance action
- Ensuring compliance to the people policies, Group Code of Conduct and embedding desired behaviors, including completion of any mandatory training requirements and working in 2nd Line of Defense
- Contributing to the creation, maintenance, and enhancement of the organization Operational Risk Assurance & Controls Testing Plan and the controls scoping activity
- Supporting the Assurance & Controls Testing Manager in the delivery of the Plan
- Preparing reports of assurance and control testing review findings and recommendations
- Facilitating identification and testing of Information Produced by Entity reports (IPE), Automated Interface / ITAC testing, and User Developed Applications (UDAs)
- Contributing to Risk & Resilience Reporting for Senior Management, Committees and Boards as required.
- Minimum of 6 years- experience in a Risk/Audit function/Big4 within a financial institution with a focus on operational risk.
- Strong knowledge of Control Frameworks such as COSO and COBIT (essential)
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with risk monitoring or internal audit assurance assignments and tools, techniques and industry best practice (essential)
- Strong knowledge of Operational Risk in financial services in investment management and insurance
What is in Store for You?
- An opportunity to define, lead and coordinate the operations of the company.
- Liaise extensively with stakeholders
- A high-performance culture with phenomenal career progression.