Managing Partner at Connections One
Views:492 Applications:119 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:76
Deputy Head - Planning & Sourcing - Import Operations - Chemicals (15-25 yrs)
Deputy Head - Planning & Sourcing - Import Operations at Mumbai (Chemicals)
- Import Operations position is responsible for the activities related to planning, customs clearance, storage, handling and distribution of Imported Raw materials (Base Oils) procured either in Break Bulk mode or in Containerized mode (ISO Tanks, Flexi containers, Dry containers) and delivering the same to plant/s or Customer directly and inventory management of products at Bulk Bonded storage terminal/s & Warehouse.
- The role plays a key support to the SCM process and drives coordination with cross functional teams such as Customer Service, Operations, Technology, Commercial and Finance in order to achieve the business growth.
- Import Operations position is responsible for the activities involved in material movement planning, storage, customs clearance, and distribution of Imported Raw materials to plants and inventory management of RPSPL products at Bulk storage terminals. Service provider and supplier and relationship management as well as complying with internal compliance and audits.
- The desired candidate: Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team building, and conflict resolution, Strong analytical thinking, analysis, data modeling, and problem-solving skills, Excellent understanding of supply chain processes, excellent understanding of import, national, and international trade requirements to align customs/trade function with business objectives. Excellent internal and external relationship management skills.
Years of Experience: 15-18 years in supply chain and at least 8 years in the same domain of imports Operation In Oil /Chemicals industries is preferable.
Qualification: BE / Graduate + MM/ PGDBA/MBA - SCM OR equivalent.
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for imports Operation Before and after receipt of material at terminals, stock management, and delivery of material to the manufacturing plant.
- Ensuring zero demurrage and detention in bulk and containerized receipts in close coordination with the Plant, Purchase, and planning team.
- Ensuring terminals, Barge operators, surveyors, and other service providers work efficiently for smooth receipt, storage, and dispatch of material to plants.
- Coordination with CHA for clearance of bulk as well as containerized cargo.
- Claim and loss management at storage terminals, ensure Insurance claims and shortage claims are raised with Insurer and supplier for shortage above tolerance limit, and follow up till closure.
- To ensure all advances for detention and clearance charges are closed within the stipulated time and BOEs are filled in advance in coordination with the planning team.
- To make payments to service providers as per the due date without any delay, ensure Internal approvals are in place & accounting through PR/PO, and follow up with the Finance team for payment.
- Issues resolution - resolve issues faced by suppliers.
- Compliance management - ensure all approvals are obtained before POs are issued and the approvals are stored and presented when asked by auditors.
- Team Management - facilitate, troubleshoot, guide, and train the team members. Manage and control day to day activities of the team
- Make a structured reporting process of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to the Line manager.
- Reporting - make reports on a bi-monthly basis which give the management a clear picture of the happening in the function.
- Manage contracts of service providers in line with Brenntag guidelines.
- New service provider development for tank farms and other services.
- Contribute to creating and implementing best practices in Import to aid and improve operational performance & financial performance.
- Responsible for hiring, setting, and monitoring annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that the proper tools are in place to support the team and the processes.
- Consults with business leaders to guide and influence strategic decision-making within a limited scope.
- Proactively identifies process improvement and policy development opportunities and engages in the design.
- Responsible for commercial negotiations of terms of the contract with the logistics service providers and ensuring the cost leadership w.r.t industry.
- Closely Work / Co-ordinate with Customers, Program Managers, and Plant Operations team in terms of export and with the Procurement team, Suppliers, and warehouse stores for the imports respectively, to ensure on- time delivery/arrival of the goods.
- Ensures the delivery of operations that meet the performance metrics defined by senior management. Provide performance metrics regularly, on incident reports, licenses, and escalations.
- Preparation of Monthly MIS report and presenting to the management.
- Ensures the delivery of operations that meet the performance metrics defined by senior management.