Manager - Risk/Digital & Analytics Practice at Michael Page India
Views:4707 Applications:83 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:13
Deputy Head - Market Risk - Investment Bank - IIT/IIM/ISI (10-15 yrs)
About Our Client
Our client is a leading financial services organization across the globe. With 60+ offices in more than 20 countries they are a world leader in providing risk based solution to leading organizations across the globe. As their business in India is expanding, and are looking for a seasoned professional having solid exposure to diverse areas within the market risk domain.
Reporting into the Overall Head of Risk, you would work as a deputy head of market risk. You would be responsible for managing the overall market risk function of the bank while managing different functions such as Quantitative Modeling, Stress Testing, Portfolio analysis, Counterparty Risk Analytics, etc. Your main objective would be to strengthen and build this critical function for the bank.
Your key responsibilities shall include:
- Develop and grow the market risk function and update the overall operating model to ensure effectiveness
- Brainstorm to make the existing setup more effective and work in improvising on the existing team setup and management
- Provide advice, direction and support to the team while working as a SME
- Ensure that the appropriate policies, processes, frameworks, systems and controls are embedded within the market risk function and are compliant with the bank's overall risk management policies & standards
- Work closely with risk managers of relevant asset classes, to be aware of latest changes in risk mappings, representations, position compositions
- Keep abreast of the regulatory changes in methodology (BIPRU, CRD3, CRD4) with regards to model standards
- Establish and deploy robust risk and control frameworks which meet the strategic needs of the group, including communication, training and awareness
- Overseeing design and implementation of new tactical and strategic processes
The Successful Applicant
- You are a Master's in Statistics / Economics/ Mathematics/ Science or any other quantitative discipline from a Tier 1 institution (IIT's, IIM's, ISI) with minimum 10 years of experience in the Market Risk domain
- Certifications such as CFA, PRMIA, GARP, ACT/MCT, FRM, PRM, CQF shall be preferred
- Extensive exposure of leading the market risk management function for a global investment bank along with experience of working in diverse facets of market risk such as risk modeling, counter-party analytics, stress testing, etc
- Sound understanding of front to back banking operations covering front office, middle office and back office.
- Excellent understanding of risk methodologies along with knowledge of regulatory requirements (FSA, EU/CRD and Basel/BIS)
- Strong exposure to diverse asset classes with understanding of market conditions (volatility, extreme price moves)
- Ability to manage, lead and scale up teams along with excellent stake holder management abilities
What's on Offer
Excellent work life balance in a very meritocratic culture with leading MNC. This role would offer you variation, stability and career progression in addition to a highly competitive compensation
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.