Managing Director at Manpower Resources India Pvt. Ltd.
Views:4400 Applications:153 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:53
Deputy General Manager/Senior General Manager/General Manager - Logistics Commercial - Steel/Mining Business (18-25 yrs)
DGM / GM / Sr. GM - Logistics Commercial - Steel Business
We have been mandated by a large global conglomerate into steel and mining industry.
Position - DGM / GM / Sr. GM - Logistics Commercial.
Department : Procurement
Job Location : Kolkata
Qualification : B. Tech / M. Tech or MBA/PGDM
Experience : 18-25 years of work experience with at least 8 years in a commercial function, preferably procurement.
Job Responsibilities :
- Integrate all the plant locations and drive seamless flow of raw materials, finish goods and support logistics operations team.
- Evaluate all options of transportations modes like road, rake, coastal & the combinations and develop contracting strategies for maximising the movement of materials and minimising the logistic cost.
- Ensure contracts are in place for inbound, outbound 1st leg and 2nd leg transportation including handling at railway sidings.
- Ensure contracts are in place for Import logistics of Spares & Consumables covering Ocean freight, CHA, Port operations, CFS and transportation.
- Ensure contracts are in place export of Containerized cargo covering transportation, CFS, CHA and Ocean freight.
- Identify the risks and bottlenecks in supply chain and drive risk mitigation and improvement projects.
- Evaluate supply chain stock points (stockyards) along with logistic operations team and enhance /develop infrastructure for the existing as well as new to meet the future supply chain requirements
- Evaluate railway schemes for enhancing rail movement and contracting for maximizing rail coefficient
Major Tasks & Responsibilities :
- Review of safety performance of vendors along with logistics operation team
- Preparing yearly plan with mile stones for all Inbound, Outbound, Handling, Stockyard, Import & Export logistics
- Extending support to physical distribution in conducting study and developing strategy for -improving infrastructure for logistics at stock yards and railway sidings
- Guiding the team members on the contracting strategies, Synergy, bench Marking and measures for improving the service levels
- Engaging in Customs clearance as a single agency at all ports, as an aggregator for freight forwarding services and regular review of 3rd Party Services
- Exploring Railway schemes for engagement of leased rakes for transportation and engaging strategic partners for better supply chain solutions
- Introduce IT systems & Procurement process for compliance to SOP.
- Driving Be1 initiatives, SCT, SRM initiatives
- Drive logistics network optimization and derive cost effective solutions through DMAIC, DMADIC, OR tools
- Cross functional team to upgrade stock yards and other stockyard.
- Monitoring & reviewing performances on weekly / monthly / quarterly / yearly basis
- Planned visits to Mines, Ports, Stock yards and supply chain partners to capturing voice of customers & addressing the issues for smooth supply chain Management
- Reviewing supply chain partners performances along with Logistics execution team on quarterly basis
- Administrative work (e-mails, paper-work, procurement, phone calls, etc)
- Monitoring & ensuring timely renewal of contracts
- Understanding the Supply chain requirements based on marketing strategy
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.