Delivery Head at Xpert Conexions
Views:2640 Applications:70 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Deputy General Manager - Regulatory Compliance - Telecom - LLB/LLM (12-21 yrs)
- Demonstrable experience in Telecommunications Regulation and Policy in India (and, preferably, South Asia), including telecommunications licensing, regulatory reporting, and regulatory compliance requirements
- Strong knowledge of the types of telecommunications services mentioned above
- Familiarity with new technology/new product rollout, such as IoT, mobile roaming, and cloud-based services.
Key responsibilities include :
- Licensing, ongoing regulatory compliance, preparation of complex reports, supervision of outside counsel, and interaction/negotiation with regulators and other government officials
- Resolving regulatory issues affecting both proposed and existing products (providing overall product guidance as well as answering questions affecting specific sales and business development/strategy), and assisting with new product rollouts
- Advising commercial attorneys on regulatory issues and assisting with evaluating which contracting methodology might best enable commercial activities while minimizing regulatory risk
- Providing strategic advice to the business on regulatory constraints/issues with respect to markets and/or technologies
- Assisting responsible group with all other telecommunications regulatory compliance matters, and
- Providing support and advising on issues of significant importance to the Company with regulators.
Skills and Qualifications :
- LLB/LLM(or equivalent).
- 12+ years legal experience with a telecommunications company or in telecommunicationsTMT at major law firm with focus in India (and rest of South Asia, preferably).
- Knowledge of general regulatory and corporate law.
- Knowledge of existing and new communications technology.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical information to a non-expert audience.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.