Senior Manager at GIPS Executive Search
Views:243 Applications:68 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:47
Deputy General Manager - Litigation - Conglomerate - LLB/LLM (10-15 yrs)
A marquee Indian business group is looking for a DGM Litigation for its legal team.
Key functions :
1. Litigation - NCLT, Commercial, IBC, Recovery, land related, Arbitration Etc.
2. Drafting petitions, Research, advice and opinion
3. Team development
Functional Description :
1. Handling of litigation matters pan India (including all land related litigation) of Business Divisions as well as Branches before lower courts, various High Courts and the Supreme Court and ensure adherence to timelines.
2. Matters referred to Arbitration.
3. Advising all divisions and departments on litigation and non - litigation matters involving all the relevant and applicable laws including all land related laws. Advising and assisting all divisions and departments on various negotiations (pan India and outside India) towards various business initiatives/business transactions etc. in order to resolve contentious/disputed matters.
4. Liaison and coordination with the Attorneys and/or Counsels as and when required.
5. Extending necessary support to Attorneys/ Counsels to enable them to complete / submit the pleadings within the allotted time frame.
6. Meeting concerned personnel from the Business divisions and attend to their drafting requirements.
7. Extending necessary support to all the divisions / departments in terms of drafting. Vetting and reviewing of various legal documents.
8. Providing relevant timely information to Company Secretariat on pending litigations.
9. Creating awareness on various relevant laws by organizing workshops/ training programmes.
10. Obtain feedback from the departments / businesses annually to understand the internal customer expectations and work upon improvement areas.
11. Guiding and assisting the team in all the matters being handled by the team in order to achieve to desired results for the divisions/departments as also guiding the team towards enhancement of the required knowledge and skills.
1. LLB / LLM
2. 10-15 years of PQE with 5 - 7 years at a Law Firm