Founder at Talentfair Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.
Views:839 Applications:110 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Deputy General Manager - IT Service Management - Telecom (15-20 yrs)
Reporting to : AVP IT Operations
The Lead, IT Service Management is responsible for the development and delivery of service management processes and tools based on ITSM (Information Technology Service Management) constructs. This is a Mid Senior level position that needs to partner and influence cross-functionally in IT, as well as across business and technology stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a strategy and roadmap for organizational excellence in the application of ITSM services, procedures, and tools
- Work with business stakeholders and technology partners to define processes for Service Management, Case Management, Knowledge Management, Incident, Problem, Request, Change Management and CMDB (configuration Management Database)
- Select, implement, and maintain a toolset that delivers upon the required capabilities of Service Management aligned with business and technology requirements
- Lead continual service improvement and on-going process maturity through regular reviews of the process and tools, trend analysis and metrics reporting and through regular engagement with stakeholders
- Ensure all service management processes enable agility
- Create an environment that supports customer self-service and automation of routine service requests
- Foster continuous service delivery optimization and improvement
- Identify resources and sourcing of service management operations support
- Develop self-auditing and compliance capabilities around ITSM procedures
- Define and implement a strategy to drive adoption of service management and operational best practices
- Manage Service Desk for both Application and Infrastructure
- Manage Business Continuity for IT applications
- Develops and maintains a business recovery plan and procedure; reviews, revises, and expands existing plans and protocols.
- Conducts risk assessments for various departments and functions, analyzing potential business impact of unpredictable business interruptions such as natural disasters, security breach, legal claims, and market disruptions.
- Collaborates with IT staff to develop and implement best practices to protect and restore data and systems in the event of natural disasters, viruses, and hackers.
- Identifies and implements recovery operations and methods to allow the company to function at limited or partial capacity in the event that part or all of the infrastructure is damaged or destroyed.
- Creates and facilitates practice drills for plan execution.
- Develops and provides staff training on risk management and disaster recovery.
- Works with health, safety, and security staff and local, state, and federal agencies to align the organizations emergency management plan with established best practices and community standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Provide direction to other individuals from outsourced vendors.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline and thirteen years of related experience; or
- Master's degree in related discipline and eleven years of related experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience and success leading diverse teams
- Experience with one or more agile or lean methodologies
- Program management skills and experience
- Experience successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of excellence in a dynamic business environment
- Functional knowledge and implementation experience of IT Service Management (ITSM) frameworks and ITIL(Information Technology Infrastructure Library) Foundation Certificate
- Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills
- Deep functional and technical knowledge of the ITIL workflow platforms such as ServiceNow or others
- Critical thinking and analysis of existing processes, program level changes and support organization design and structure to provide feedback and guidance on continuous improvement
- Thorough planning and tracking skills, well-organized, focused on results, capable of managing multiple projects, excellent time management with respect to priorities and self-management
- Excellent judgement and problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution
- Ability to leverage both internal and external resources to expedite and deliver projects
- Ability to work in a team environment, create timelines, and continually make necessary adjustments
- Focuses on the 'why' as much as the 'what' and 'how'
- Business continuity for IT
- Excellent writing, presentation, and oral communication skills
- Active listening skills