Talent Acquisition at Third Sector Partners
Views:1296 Applications:259 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:246
Deputy Director - Programs - NGO (15-20 yrs)
Deputy Director Programs
Job Title: DEPUTY DIRECTOR, PROGRAMS
Reporting to: DIRECTOR, VISION ACCESS PROGRAMS
Location: DELHI NCR (NOIDA), INDIA
- VisionSpring is the social enterprise accelerating the use of eyeglasses in emerging and frontier markets. They are creating access to eyeglasses for low-income people. Clear vision creates opportunities for increased learning, work, safety, civic participation, and quality of life.
- As a social organisation, social change motivates them first. Their focus is on advancing the mission objectives - to increase functioning, productivity, and income earning potential for low - income people by correcting impaired vision with eyeglasses.
- Core Belief: Believe in the wonder of clear vision for everyone
- Mission: To increase lifelong earning, learning, safety, and well-being through eyeglasses for people vulnerable to poverty
- Goal: Everyone who needs eyeglasses will have them by 2050.
- For more details on VisionSpring, please refer to the website https://visionspring.org/
Reason for the hire:
- VisionSpring is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic, and self-driven candidate who would like to have a challenging and meaningful career path in programs, implementation, operations, and social sector.
- The Deputy Director of Vision Access Programs will lead to the rapid growth of initiatives that bring vision screening and eyeglasses to millions of low-income adults and children in India. Programs are a key focus area at our organisation and require a proactive and dynamic approach.
- S/he will establish and implement expansion strategies for See to Earn (Livelihood), See to Learn (Education), and see to be Safe (Road Safety) initiatives that are supported by leading donors/funders and organizations from India and around the world.
- S/he will develop frameworks for programs, guide seamless execution of evidence-based programs, ensure lean operations, and cultivate strategic collaborations with government agencies and peer NGOs.
- The candidate should have in-depth subject matter knowledge, expertise, and experience. Timely, high-impact, and quality delivery of goals at scale would be essential and will be a key performance measurement criterion.
- S/he will directly manage a team of experienced program, program success, implementation, and operations lead and will be responsible for a large implementation and operations team through them. The Deputy Director serves as a member of the Vision Access Programs leadership team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Team Management and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Lead a competent team spread across India and mentor, guide, and drive them to achieve their goals.
- Roll up your sleeves and travel extensively to review programs.
- Monitor the team and ensure they are working and reporting diligently.
- Train, develop, and review current team members and hire new team members, as and when required.
- Review and manage program staffing and field deployment.
- Ensure safe, hygienic, and comfortable work environment all team members, especially the field team.
- Ensure all HR policies and protocols are strictly implemented.
- Manage engagement and communication with all internal and external program stakeholders.
- Make periodic visits to donors/funders and partners.
Strategic Planning, Financial Budgeting, and Compliance:
- Assist to prepare program strategy based on the theory of change in collaboration with the team and make a timebound roadmap to implement the same.
- Be able to develop annual plans and budgets for programs and track progress against the same.
- Review and manage program budgets and expenses on a regular basis.
- Reduce cost of operations through proper planning and forecasting and effective implementation.
- Manage fund utilization as per budgets.
- Ensure 100% compliance with all laws of the land and with organizational policies.
Program Integrity, Monitoring, and Reporting:
- Be responsible for program design, delivery, and reporting framework.
- Develop technical protocols to enable access to clear vision through eyeglasses for earners and learners.
- Ensure all quality parameters are met.
- Track and manage program KPIs and metrics.
- Oversee the development and implementation of SOPs, policies, IEC material, and collateral.
- Ensure timely and extensive program and financial reporting within the organisation and to donors/funders and partners.
- Always ensure high SSV scores and program success.
Operations and Data Management:
- Maintain and analyze data to generate insights and increase user satisfaction.
- Flawlessly manage operations to ensure continuity, quality, and efficiency.
- Use date to maintain dashboards and generate strategic insights.
- Ensure all inventory, equipment, consumables, and IEC material and collateral are always available at all outreach and program sites and at the warehouse.
- Ensure timely production and delivery of prescription (Rx) glasses
COMPETENCIES & SOFT SKILLS:
- Exhibit the drive to build and grow the organisation and create meaningful social impact based on the theory of change.
- A habit of achieving goals fills the incumbent with a sense of drive and satisfaction. A self-motivated and strategic individual.
- Ability to analyze data, develop repeatable processes that underpin scale, cultivate a memorable user experience, and improve cost-effectiveness.
- The incumbent should be able to forecast, closely monitor progress against targets, course correct, and break out into song and dance when your team exceeds goals.
- An experienced team leader who can get the best out of the team by motivating them, building their skills, and giving them goal clarity.
- A keen learner and who thrives in building systems and acquiring new skills. Capacity to effectively deal with change and master things
- Being a people's person and loves travelling
- An individual who feels equally comfortable sitting in a board room as in a grassroot community or rural village
- Master's degree in management with expertise in operations. An engineering degree would be a plus.
- At least 15 years of experience in program management and/or operations.
- Relevant social and/or health sector experience is preferred.
- Exceptional team and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Hindi, including strong presentation and proposal writing skills.
Third Sector Partners is a pioneering cause-connected executive search firm and has been retained for this position. Interested candidates can send in their CVs along with three references and a cover note. The last date to send in your application is August 24th, 2023.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.