Demand Lead - Food/FMCG (7-8 yrs)
About our client:
Our client is a major ecommerce platform for small & medium businesses in India. It brings traders, wholesalers, distributors, retailers and manufacturers in India on to a single platform.
Business Development is core to growing business via Buyers. This team is responsible for the business growth of the company and our buyer partners. The team drives product adoption and evolution to ensure that we becomes relevant and the obvious choice for trade to all businesses in that category. In this role you will be the face of the company to all our buyers.
- Building the entire demand function across multiple cities from scratch
- Acquiring different types of buyers and generating business from them
- Hiring a field team, developing and managing them
- Problem solving for every single type of buyer cohort separately
- Creating tracking mechanisms to derive maximum efficiency out of the sales team
- Working closely with the supply and operations teams to ensure high customer retention and revenue growth
- Key account management with high ticket buyers
- Manage a multi-layered team of 50-100 people and be accountable for their performance. Also, guide them on the best practices and way ahead
- Delivering strong top line growth month-on-month to drive deeper market penetration
- Should be preferably an MBA from Tier 1/2 Colleges
- Leading a young and motivated city team to become the place for B2B business
- Communicating effectively and driving alignment on the mission, goals/ targets, why and how of what has to be done
- Proven track record of delivering great customer experience
- Experience in recruitment, training and performance management of a field sales team
- Drive category growth through innovation and new initiatives
- Interpreting and analysing data to solve business problems
- Drive cross functional collaboration with other support functions (Marketing, Finance, HR, Operations)
You must be ready to hustle! You must be excited to get your hands dirty and become the growth catalyst.