Deloitte - Real Estate Valuations Role (5-12 yrs)
Opportunity with Deloitte India - Real Estate Valuations (Mumbai)
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you'll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
We are well-known for our innovative and collaborative culture, commitment to delivering outstanding quality service to clients and enabling our people to excel in everything they do. Our Valuations practice is fully integrated into the "One Deloitte" agenda and you will often find yourself working on large and exciting cross service line valuation engagements.
Benefiting from high levels of exposure and learning from some of the experienced practitioners in the valuations and advisory field, you will expand your skills to grow as a professional in this domain.
Innovation, transformation and leadership occur in many ways. At Deloitte, our ability to help solve clients' most complex issues is distinct. We deliver strategy and implementation, from a business and technology view, to help you lead in the markets where you compete.
Learn more about our Financial Advisory Practice
Work you'll do
A career within Valuations practice will provide a wide & valuable experience in an exciting and dynamic working & learning environment. The role will position you to support on all aspects of a valuation engagement which include the following activities:
- Quickly developing an understanding of the industry, company's business operation and its key operating drivers.
- Interpreting and analyzing financial statements, annual reports, management presentations, business plans, and other publicly available information.
- Performing and assisting experienced team members in executing a wide variety of the Real Estate and Property valuation exercise (including valuation of the such assets of the company, valuation of such assets acquired in M&A transactions, asset impairment testing, and valuation for deal support/fund raising, financial planning and litigation purposes).
- Preparing quality deliverables (including valuation models and reports) within agreed timeliness.
As a Manager, you will have the opportunity to be involved in diverse nature of engagements where you will:
- Manage a team of 4- 5 valuation professionals
- Keep tab on the team utilization, guide team for proper and adequate time booking
- Timely take steps for billable code generation,
- Develop and review valuation models of varying complexities for international entities (private and public) of differing sizes operating across a diverse range of industries and perform valuation analysis, as necessary
- Work in a collaborative team analyzing client issues and recommending solutions
- Prioritize your objectives and contribute to project execution and status reporting
- Provide guidance to, supervise and review the work of junior team members
- Directly liaise with and develop relationships with client and engagement team members in other territories like Mauritius, Bangladesh, Africa and Middle East
- Produce assignment budgets and timetables, and manage delivery against them
- Focus team on key priorities and ensure smooth service delivery within the defined competency/geographical area
- Assign people to projects based on their skills, career goals and client's expectations
- Generate new business opportunities by developing ideas and solutions
- Work towards tight deadlines, adding value to complex and high profile projects
- Be responsible for goal setting, performance appraisal and professional development of counselees and the larger team
- Reach out to various internal teams like M&A, Tax, CFRS, Diligence and other client facing team to generate and follow valuation opportunities
- Participate in the internal and external client meetings related to business development
MBA, Civil engineer with relevant experience, affiliations to professional bodies will be considered as an added advantage
In order to be considered for this role, your competencies will cover the broad scope of Valuation services, leveraging your professional background and skills such as:
- Excellent track record and strong academic achievements
- 5+ years of relevant valuations work experience
- Experience with any of the Big 4 firms, leading valuation firms, or their support centres is an asset
- In-depth understanding of financial and valuation principles
- Experience with tangible asset valuations - purchase price allocations, business valuations, and asset impairment testing as per accounting standards (Ind AS and/ or IFRS)
- Financial modelling experience, mainly of portfolio valuation models
- Sound grasp of MS Excel; a natural interest in working and learning to use it to an advanced level
- Advanced knowledge of using various research databases like CapitalIQ, Bloomberg, etc.
- Excellent analytical, project management and teamwork competencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and systematic problem solving skills
- Interest in working in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Ability to work with staff at all levels of the organization
- Proven business development and marketing techniques, and ability to pursue and close business growth opportunities
- Proactive and an inquisitive mind, with a passion to provide world class client service
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.